Manchester United FC

2nd half was a good game of football and united went for it. If a few key moments went the other way then we would have won that (Sanchez offside, the pogba header), so I can understand Jose's comments to an extent. Chelsea are a team we struggle against and we had the better off the game (noting they were content to defend). On its own, I would not be too u happy with the defeat, but the team owed us a cup after the poor exits in the other two and a string of awful prem performances that have city an early run at the crown.

All that said, we did not deserve a trophy this season and the game summed up some key issues this year - a defence prone to errors, rudderless starts to games, lack of clear attacking tactics and low urgency on.tne ball.

Jose has a lot to answer for with his tactics, transfer activity, man management and squad development

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Were you watching the same game as I was?
16 shots to 4 and 60% possession. United were doing the attacking.

Chelsea were clearly playing a defensive game and relying on the counter attack. It worked - Chelsea defended very well, we conceded on a counter attack and we lacked the ability to break Chelsea down (Although we came close on a few occasions).

Do you disagree with any of the above or are you mindlessly trolling?

On the transfers and squad development, jose has done ok, but there are aspects he needs to improve on

His transfers have generally been successful - I don't think anyone can argue with the imorivement matic, lukkaku and ibra brought to the squad. Pogba gets his critics because of his price tag, but he is a huge improvement on what we have and has been key in winning games. A bit unlucky with bailley, due to unforseen injuries, while mkyi was a shock flop that few would have anticipated. I'll criticise him for lideloff though - still time to turn it around, but there must have been better options both internal and external

where I reserve my main critism is on his lack of ruthlessness with the squad, to move on below par players and reinvest. Mata, darmian, fellani, rojo, smalling, blind and Jones have their various issues, with all failing to provide an acceptable level of consistency for united. most should have been moved on by now.

related to the above, jose has failed to develop the overall streght of the squad to a sufficient level. after our starting 11, we lack depth in certain areas due to known sicknotes, failure to promote youth in areas of weakness (rw) or where there are bang average players (why is darnian being picked). This hasn't cost us the title, but it could be the difference in winning or loosing silverware next season.

most of the above is criticism on where jose needs to improve, but he does deserve credit for moving certain players on (Rooney, depay) and in allowing an academy route to the first team (mctom, lingaard)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Chelsea were clearly playing a defensive game and relying on the counter attack. It worked - Chelsea defended very well, we conceded on a counter attack and we lacked the ability to break Chelsea down (Although we came close on a few occasions).

Sorry Tibbs mate but you know as well as I do that statistics can mask a lot of things, what that saying something about damn lies and statistics?
Utd May have had more shots but as you say in previous posts it’s the overall style or should I say lack of style that should be looked at. I saw Pogba smiling after missing that clear header, a bloody great save would have been accepatable but that effort was disgusting he has the attitude of a big time Charlie who should be fecked off pdq. That’s of course if we can find a buyer, I mean if you were a manager at the sought of club he in his little mind thinks he should play for would you buy him off the back of performances this season? I know I wouldn’t.
Edited, just seen your above post. I don’t think Pogba is an improvement, far too many non performances yesterdays been a prime example.
Exceptional in th3 second half against city. I expect him to play like tha5 for 90%+ of games, not very very occasionally.

Sorry Tibbs mate but you know as well as I do that statistics can mask a lot of things, what that saying something about damn lies and statistics?
Utd May have had more shots but as you say in previous posts it’s the overall style or should I say lack of style that should be looked at. I saw Pogba smiling after missing that clear header, a bloody great save would have been accepatable but that effort was disgusting he has the attitude of a big time Charlie who should be fecked off pdq. That’s of course if we can find a buyer, I mean if you were a manager at the sought of club he in his little mind thinks he should play for would you buy him off the back of performances this season? I know I wouldn’t.
I'm not trying to suggest united dominated the game or were hard done by to lose.

we deserved the loss. but my comments relate to the fact we had most of the ball and were in their 3rd the most. as I highlighted though, much of that was due to Chelsea being confident that they could defend deep and let us have the ball. it proved a good tactic as all we could do was pass it along their area

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not trying to suggest united dominated the game or were hard done by to lose.

we deserved the loss. but my comments relate to the fact we had most of the ball and were in their 3rd the most. as I highlighted though, much of that was due to Chelsea being confident that they could defend deep and let us have the ball. it proved a good tactic as all we could do was pass it along their area

Point taken. At least it’s got us talking, it be a sad day when I no longer care what happens or happened when Utd play, win lose or draw. I guess thats why we like the game, it provokes feelings amongs true fans and supporters.

Point taken. At least it’s got us talking, it be a sad day when I no longer care what happens or happened when Utd play, win lose or draw. I guess thats why we like the game, it provokes feelings amongs true fans and supporters.
I was not in s good mood yesterday - had to lie down for 30mins to clear my head.

got straight back on the horse though by loading up a world cup ganebon pro evolution (went Poland and got beat narrowly by Germany in the quarter final), alongside looking up the fixtures for the world cup.

looking forward to some non tribal engagement with our Liverpool cousins on the beautiful game thread. regardless of your club aligence and failure of your nation, the world cup is a thing a beauty. can't wait!

To celebrate the FA Cup win, LaTreynia had the faces of her two favourite Chelsea players tattooed on her thighs.

As she was in such a good mood, she told her punter, "If you can guess their names correctly, you get this shag for free."

He replied, "Well, I'm not too sure about the other two, but the one in the middle is definitely Didier Drogba."

=======================================================================

I texted this to everybody, hoping I would have to go back on it, when United got the lead. Even me going for a piss didn't get us a goal, as it usually does.

I've been thinking a lot about our team, whilst playing a lot of Fifa 17 (18 is too expensive for now).

We definitely need to spend big in the summer to get 1 or 2 really solid defenders. Jones should be put on the transfer list, Rojo and Bailly and Lindelof should stay, with Smalling, Valencia as backups. Blind and Darmian can go as well. Shaw needs to figure it out soon or he's out of the door too

Midfield, I would get shot of Fellaini in a heartbeat, give Pogba a serious sit down and "this is your future, sort your head out), Mata to stay (he's aging, but is worth keeping) with Alexis, Matic both staying. Herrera seems to have one great season, then flub it. I might keep him as a backup.

Rashford, Martial and Lukaku should be a potent strike team, but Rashford and Martial are misfiring badly. They should be causing havoc, but seem to fizzle badly. Martial needs to learn to do something other than "run straight at a group of defenders and hope"

I'd give Mourinho another season to win the league but he HAS to do better. The team needs to be a lot sharper next season.

apparently we are very close to signing willian

Right wing is the highst priority and this lad is in great shape, despite being nearly 30. we should get 3 season of a high level out of him, while we can bring on some youngsters from the academy like Chong

we also heavily linked with vjasliko from Athletico Madrid. while this lad isn't one 9f the better right backs in the game, he is a significant improvement on Valencia and is proven at the top level

We were sixth last season and only made the champ's league by winning the europa.

we're second and qualified outright. Man City were untouchable this season.

We've improved since last season in the league... I want to give him a chance to bring home trophies next season, but if he doesn't, he's got to go

City will be untouchable next season too.
It will be a 3 way fight for 2nd place or 4 way if Chelski get their act together.

I want to give him a chance to bring home trophies next season, but if he doesn't, he's got to go
You've got nothing to worry about. If I am remembering correctly, he has a really good reputation for his third season with clubs. He'll probably promote lots of academy players, and surge to the title with swashbuckling attacking football.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You've got nothing to worry about. If I am remembering correctly, he has a really good reputation for his third season with clubs. He'll probably promote lots of academy players, and surge to the title with swashbuckling attacking football.
Sorry is that Klopp you are referring to? Look you have won nowt, as I said getting to a final means nothing if you don't win it.
Klopp and Salah have done well this year but we all know the second year for a striker who makes a big impact in his debut season is the one that really counts.
I'd keep stum until your season is over instead of having a go at team who has once again finished ahead of you, even if it was only coming 2nd a hundred miles behind city Utd still finished ahead of very one else, Jose is slowly heading in the right direction, he just needs to change the style and hopefully if he can get the right players he will, after all that was only his second season and you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, he has inherited a lot of players coming to the end of their careers and some are not good enough, it takes a lot longer than three or four transfer windows when other clubs with similar spending power are going for the same group of available players. I think you struck lucky for one season in gettng to The Champions League Final, I just hope for your sake it's a damn site more entertaining than the FA Cup final which was bloody awful.

Sorry is that Klopp you are referring to? Look you have won nowt, as I said getting to a final means nothing if you don't win it.
Klopp and Salah have done well this year but we all know the second year for a striker who makes a big impact in his debut season is the one that really counts.
I'd keep stum until your season is over instead of having a go at team who has once again finished ahead of you, even if it was only coming 2nd a hundred miles behind city Utd still finished ahead of very one else, Jose is slowly heading in the right direction, he just needs to change the style and hopefully if he can get the right players he will, after all that was only his second season and you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, he has inherited a lot of players coming to the end of their careers and some are not good enough, it takes a lot longer than three or four transfer windows when other clubs with similar spending power are going for the same group of available players. I think you struck lucky for one season in gettng to The Champions League Final, I just hope for your sake it's a damn site more entertaining than the FA Cup final which was bloody awful.
Oh come on, how many more years are we going to hear "just another 4 or 5 players" being the "last pieces in the jigsaw" for United :)

You've got a net spend of something like £415m over the past four seasons, and Mourinho has brought in a lot of signings. He can't go on blaming Van Gaal / Moyes / Fergie / the fans / the whatever indefinitely - surely you lot will see through it at some point. He blames players for not having the necessary character - players he signed himself, occasionally at record expense.

It seems like the only players Mourinho actually rates are Matic and Lukaku - and even then, he has done his best to alienate Lukaku this weekend, after lauding him for 8 months.

I believe, and have said for the last couple of years, that Mourinho is not aligned with your club's preferred playing style. He is renowned as a defensive guru, who doesn't devote much time to attack. Your club historically like to play swashbuckling, attacking, entertaining football. Mourinho has won many titles in his earlier years - but it seems blindingly obvious that he is fundamentally incompatible with the club's playing style / DNA (if there is such a thing).

Doesn't it seem clear that the chances of him repeating his previous successes are far slimmer when there is an inherent conflict at the heart of everything? He'd be perfectly-suited to a club that doesn't have certain expectations about playing style, or would be grateful for points over everything else - even soporific football and dire playing style.

I think you'd be better off hiring one of your old boys (Scholes?), who at least understand what United are supposed to be about - managerial experience or not. I think you'd probably accept 4th (no lower) if it was accompanied with exciting football that had you itching to turn up every week... rather than (as a couple of United-supporting friends have admitted) not even bothering to turn up, or expecting to come away from a match unsatisfied and a bit resentful. There's no doubt that you've got a lot of talented players, but they either don't want to play for Mourinho, or he has them all so on-edge and demotivated that... I don't know. I just get the feeling that Mourinho works on control and detail, with little regard for motivation or team spirit. It will get you so far, or work with certain groups of players... but it clearly isn't working for your team, and he isn't going to change.