Manchester United FC

I'm not sure what the issue is?

I've not posted anything controversial in your thread, in fact I don't believe I've posted at all in 2018 and that's despite some of the 'banter' brought over here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That Fergie programme was ok. Bloody hell there were great games between us and Arsenal. And at the end , well League titles 13 - 3 to Fergie.
Rivalry, what rivalry?

So long Wenger you were good but not quite good enough.

That Fergie programme was ok. Bloody hell there were great games between us and Arsenal. And at the end , well League titles 13 - 3 to Fergie.
Rivalry, what rivalry?

So long Wenger you were good but not quite good enough.
Very petty wasn't he. I can imagine which apprentice will take his place as the master

That giggs goal in the 1999 semi was something else!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sol Campbell and Martin Keown came across as particularly bitter about our domination. Which explains Keowns vitriol towards us, now he's a pundit.

I see the micheal oliver has been assigned as the fa cup final ref

Not unreasonable in my view. Last Saturday was one of only two games I'd say Sanchez has played well in since he arrived. Lots of good reasons why he may have taken time to settle, but inescapable that "good" has rarely been used in his direction. The suspicion remains that we brought Sanchez in because he's capable of being a great player, but also as a "marquee" signing to keep us great unwashed happy and partly to stop him going to Citeh.

If you're Tony Martial, wanting to go to the World Cup, but hardly getting a game because Sanchez and/or Rashers are getting picked, you're going to think about leaving - which would be a great shame IMO.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I see the micheal oliver has been assigned as the fa cup final ref

Think I'll go for a long walk then.

More Sanchez based united bashing by the media, just a different angle

'Hidden cost of Sanchez'

Alexis Sanchez's success coming at the cost of losing Anthony Martial?

Expect this to be just one of many more bullshit stories to be put out there, by a narrative driven media who have had their taglines spoiled by Mourinho and his team. Watched some of that shit show Sunday Supplement, and the hacks openly admitted that Spurs were always going to be the story, no matter what United did. As far as they were concerned Spurs were odds on, but nasty Mourinho spoiled their weekend!

Of course, that article is designed to promote that Mou seems content to see Martial move on, but totally neglects to mention that he has been heavily involved for most of the season, despite being inconsistent at times and is our second highest scorer. They further try to spin the negative by comparing Martial to both Salah and De Bruyne as players he let go, despite not acknowledging that both were bang average at the time, and provided nothing to his team, so were no great loss.

Martial has shown he has the ability, but occasionally lacks the team ethic that Mou demands of his players at all times. Which is why far less gifted players such as Lingard are chosen over him. How he chooses to react to the challenge is down to him in the long run? Sanchez is simply being used to feed the narrative, this week. It'll be some other players turn next week, and so it will continue ad nauseum...United story's sell papers and create huge clickbait revenues, negative ones moreso!

Looks like we could be raiding Southampton for the 3rd time in recent seasons

Man Utd transfer news: Cedric Soares wanted as Antonio Valencia heir | Metro News

Can't say I've focussed a lot on the lad, but pundits generally make a point that he has been one of the few shining lights for Southampton this season

If we were looming at other signings from this club I'd take Jack Stephens as a centre back prospect. Lemina could also be a useful midfielder but a bit of a risk with his attitude and current inconsistency - not ballotelli type levels, but similar to some of criticism of pogba this season

Man Utd transfer news: Cedric Soares wanted as Antonio Valencia heir | Metro News

Can't say I've focussed a lot on the lad, but pundits generally make a point that he has been one of the few shining lights for Southampton this season

If we were looming at other signings from this club I'd take Jack Stephens as a centre back prospect. Lemina could also be a useful midfielder but a bit of a risk with his attitude and current inconsistency - not ballotelli type levels, but similar to some of criticism of pogba this season

Hahahahaha, Tibs, you've quoted from the metro...They'll be delighted that someone gave them that much attention!

Hahahahaha, Tibs, you've quoted from the metro...They'll be delighted that someone gave them that much attention!
We are getting into transfer rumour season.

Must be quite dry in South west lancs today

Last edited:
Boring

It was, although w3 had a decent penalty shout, didn’t really do much to win, I don’t think we made the goalie make @ sav3 in the second half.

Trent in midfield was a bit of a surprise but you never know.

What do think the line up for Wed will be?

Should we go for it and try an d score early, or be a bit more defensive?