Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I found it a little unsettling that United don't have a women's team. There was one until 2005 when the Glazers took over and binned it and I'm quite happy to see one re-emerge.

What's the rule on women playing football anyway? Suppose a super woman footballer emerged that could get a place on a men's team, would it be allowed?
Only if they took the shirt off after scoring. They wouldnt get booked the ref will just take down her phone number.

How is this going to effect he transfer budget?

Utd have only gone and caved in to the PC brigade and applied for a woman football team. They wil be at the Cliff. Now I don't give a a flying eff about woman's football infact I'm not that keen on international football because let's face it the closest England get to winning anything is qualifying for the finals, after that it's all downhill!

Women's football, I despair!

Manchester United apply to have professional women's team
I found it a little unsettling that United don't have a women's team. There was one until 2005 when the Glazers took over and binned it and I'm quite happy to see one re-emerge.

What's the rule on women playing football anyway? Suppose a super woman footballer emerged that could get a place on a men's team, would it be allowed?
They tried at an Italian club a few years ago (perugia?).

The chairman was a bit of a character and in addition to signing Colonel Gaddafi' s son, he also signed a top female scandanavian player. League/ Italian association rules meant she could play.

In the UK I believe mixed teams are allowed until around high school age, after that they are separated.

Personally I support that policy, maybe I'm old school, but something's should stay separated

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

The chairman was a bit of a character and in addition to signing Colonel Gaddafi' s son, he also signed a top female scandanavian player. League/ Italian association rules meant she could play.

In the UK I believe mixed teams are allowed until around high school age, after that they are separated.

Personally I support that policy, maybe I'm old school, but something's should stay separated

They should stick to NETBALL.:boogie:

They should stick to NETBALL.:boogie:
Ah the netball team. Some found memories of joint socials with them at university with the football club

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Big rumours that Jose is getting rid of Pogba in the summer. Well we can’t have a big time Charlie trying to undermine the manager and this is Jose showing the rest of them whose boss and if you don’t perform or listen you are out. The money will definitely come in useful to buy a better all round level headed player who pays more attention to playing than he does to his haircut.

As I’ve said before it appears Fergie was right to get rid after all.

Big rumours that Jose is getting rid of Pogba in the summer. Well we can’t have a big time Charlie trying to undermine the manager and this is Jose showing the rest of them whose boss and if you don’t perform or listen you are out. The money will definitely come in useful to buy a better all round level headed player who pays more attention to playing than he does to his haircut.

If those rumours are true then we should get rid. Real Madrid and PSG would have him in an instant and we'd easy get our money back

Savic of Lazio could be an ideal replacement and while not currently at pogba level (when pogba is on form). He is a much more rounded player that is getting better and better. I also wouldn't mind PSGs Verrati.

Pogba still has a chance to knuckle down and save his career. Ball is in his court, as the club won't pander to individuals

Regardless of the pogba situation we need another midfielder in the summer. I'd sell Herrera and that leaves us with just three centre mids (pogba, matic, mctom)

In junior ice hockey here (up to 18 years old) both sexes can play. The reality is though at about the 13th year the girls struggle to match the physicality of the guys and tend to drop out.

I suspect that would be true of the higher football leagues too

In junior ice hockey here (up to 18 years old) both sexes can play. The reality is though at about the 13th year the girls struggle to match the physicality of the guys and tend to drop out.

I suspect that would be true of the higher football leagues too
That's the main reason why I'm for seperation.

I don't find it strange that the non physical sports still have seperation. Unclear why sports like golf, shooting, darts, snooker can't be all gender?

That's the main reason why I'm for seperation.

I don't find it strange that the non physical sports still have seperation. Unclear why sports like golf, shooting, darts, snooker can't be all gender?

Wasn’t there a woman golfer on the pga tour. Michelle Wei.

I agree seems strange that some non physical sports aren’t more gender mixed

How much do you think you'll get for him?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Depends who fancies him. I’d expect £50 - 65 as he has now gone and showed the world he has a fragile character. Still better to get rid, as they say one rotten apple.

Depends who fancies him. I’d expect £50 - 65 as he has now gone and showed the world he has a fragile character. Still better to get rid, as they say one rotten apple.
Nah. We'd easily get our money back. PSG are very interested and Zidane is a big fan

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Nah. We'd easily get our money back. PSG are very interested and Zidane is a big fan

Well he’d look good in the French league, I’ve never been impressed, he’s not exactly a Beckham, or a Scholes a Keane, Carrick or any other top class midfielder we have had over the years.
Sadly another poor signing by Jose, I hope things improve next year.

Strong rumours are that we are on the verge of signing Samual Umtitti from Barca. He's the starting centre back for France as well. Strong and athletic lad, while he looks much better than smalling and rojo from what I've seen of him.

Apparently he has a buyout clause that we are going to trigger (40million I think) after Barca refused to up his wages to 150k p/w.

Smalling appears to be our most linked centre back. Wenger has a long standing interest, but it seems everton are very keen. That's the kind of club I can see him at - the '2nd tier' of the prem along with the likes of lecister

Last edited:
Swansea at home on saturday. They are much improved under their new manager, but a game we should be winning.

I'd expect them to play counter attacking football, so we can go 4231. My preference is:

De Gea
Valencia, Bailley, Lidelof, Young

Matic pogna
Mata

Sanchez, lukkaku, rashford

I've assumed mctom will still be injured from Scotland duties, while Jones is still a sicknote. If Valencia is jaded after the international break, then Shaw would come in (assuming he is ready to play) - if not then I'd actually put lingaard at right back. Both fullbacks will probably be playing as attacking wing backs anyway.

I keep saying this, but I'd like to see some more youth prospects on the bench. Chong keeps i.pressing for the under 23s and we are crying out for depth in that position

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Strong rumours are that we are on the verge of signing Samual Umtitti from Barca. He's the starting centre back for France as well. Strong and athletic lad, while he looks much better than smalling and rojo from what I've seen of him.

Apparently he has a buyout clause that we are going to trigger (40million I think) after Barca refused to up his wages to 150k p/w.

Smalling appears to be our most linked centre back. Wenger has a long standing interest, but it seems lecister are very keen. That's the kind of club I can see him at - the '2nd tier' of the prem along with the likes of lecister

Touch wood. That sounds like very good news, if it comes off.

Taking the kids to Old Trafford on Saturday, can't wait!!! I have read that you need to arrive at least 1 hour before kick off due to security checks, does that sound about right? Planning on being early anyway, they will no doubt try to fleece me for as much as possible in the megastore.

Taking the kids to Old Trafford on Saturday, can't wait!!! I have read that you need to arrive at least 1 hour before kick off due to security checks, does that sound about right? Planning on being early anyway, they will no doubt try to fleece me for as much as possible in the megastore.

As a veteran of many years bringing my kids to games, do give yourself time to get through the gate and to your seats, plus if it's their first time, they'll be blown away by the view as they go up the stairs to see the arena and pitch, so allow them time to enjoy it. Don't allow yourself to be fleeced at the megastore by visiting the numerous shops around there. You'll save a few quid on both food, tee shirts and scarfs etc if you use them. Unfortunately, if you're planning on kitting them out, you may have to go to the store.

If you arrive extra early...A stroll around the ground will reveal lots of historical interest, from the Holy Trinity statue on Matt Busby way, to the poignant Munich memorial walk behind the family (South) stand. Lots of pictures of the babes and the eternal flame near the old players entrance. If you have the time before kick off, you might consider a trip to the Imperial War Museum North? It's about half a mile away, up Wharf Rd, and can be seen from the ground, so you can't get lost. Really worth a visit and it's free entry, just a donation if you want to?

Hope you all enjoy the game and the team give us the right result!