Manchester United FC

Saw Mourinho's presser this afternoon. He spouted some facts about United's past CL performance, and he's right to an extent. We have gone out earlier in the past. I don't think he grasped that we fans are not annoyed at being knocked out....we're annoyed at the WAY we capitulated and were knocked out.

It was positively FRENCH of us.

I think he's got next year to prove his doubter's wrong. If he doesn't improve, he's for the chop. The transfer season will be telling. He needs to buy and sell well.

Brighton at home tomorrow in the cup.

Here is my pick based on a 433

Young, Bailley, Lidelof, Shaw

Mctom, Matic, Pogba

Sanchez, Lukkaku, Rashford

Subs
Romero, Smalling, Valencia, Carrick, Mata, Chong, Martial

Fellani clearly wasn't ready to play midweek and to be Frank, I don't want him in the squad unless there is a very clear need for his skills as he is leaving on a free.

Valencia is struggling every other game to provide an attacking threat and needs to be rotated to get the best out of him. Lingaard has been poor the last few games and needs a time out.

Finally, Sanchez must go on the right in this 433 as martial-rashford really struggle on that side. Alexis went there mid week for 30 mins and did ok. It's about time we got some balance to the attacking shape, hence why chong is on the bench after some good u-23 performances

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
All banter aside, I'm still struggling to understand how anyone ever thought that Fellaini belonged at Old Trafford. I thought he'd follow Moyes out of the door but, astonishingly, not.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Saw Mourinho's presser this afternoon. He spouted some facts about United's past CL performance, and he's right to an extent. We have gone out earlier in the past. I don't think he grasped that we fans are not annoyed at being knocked out....we're annoyed at the WAY we capitulated and were knocked out.

It was positively FRENCH of us.

I think he's got next year to prove his doubter's wrong. If he doesn't improve, he's for the chop. The transfer season will be telling. He needs to buy and sell well.
He can only buy well if he's given the FULL backing of the board. I do hope he thins the squad out though.

Who remembers 1983? I was still serving but I was sat in front of a big enough colour telly with my mates in the NAAFI with a crate of Newcastle Brown or two and settled in for the replay.
The first match I watched at my parents that was good and my dad and I went and had a few beers that evening but that replay was something special.
Here's a link to a quick video of the goals.

Man Utd v Brighton: When the teams met in the 1983 FA Cup final
What an evening that was: my first and still only FA Cup final, I was 14. As soon as the final whistle went on the Saturday afternoon, Dad decided we were going to Wembley first thing in the morning to queue for replay tickets (imagine having to do that now!). On the day of the match, I got the train in from school and met Dad at Wembley Park. We went home on Dad's motorbike (my first pillion ride). I sang and chanted myself hoarse, I barely spoke at school the next day except to tell kids where I had been! We sang happy birthday to Sir Bobby Charlton and the noise was deafening. Seaweed!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What an evening that was: my first and still only FA Cup final, I was 14. As soon as the final whistle went on the Saturday afternoon, Dad decided we were going to Wembley first thing in the morning to queue for replay tickets (imagine having to do that now!). On the day of the match, I got the train in from school and met Dad at Wembley Park. We went home on Dad's motorbike (my first pillion ride). I sang and chanted myself hoarse, I barely spoke at school the next day except to tell kids where I had been! We sang happy birthday to Sir Bobby Charlton and the noise was deafening. Seaweed!

Thank the Lord Garry Baily made that last minute save.
Brilliant! And what a match with some great goals.

I recall Gary made a save where he flicked the ball over his head and it hit the crossbar. He had done exactly the same in the pre -match warm-up.

This! But I doubt that the same anger would have been felt had we won, even playing the same negative style as we did. For Mourinho the ends justify the means, and it's that pragmatism that alienates so many United fans, as it's not the United way. But it's fair to remember we were much worse before he came and finishing outside the top four regularly. Since his arrival, we've won a couple of trophy's and are now comfortably in the top four, with a chance to progress further with the right investment. So as much as we want to see more entertaining football now, patience is needed by all of us, otherwise we risk going back to square one.

Saw Mourinho's presser this afternoon.
After seeing the state of him yesterday has anyone checked that he's not halfway to Dundee driving barefoot in the middle of a Toblerone binge?
That's fine as long as he's not spitting at teenage girls while driving

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
After seeing the state of him yesterday has anyone checked that he's not halfway to Dundee driving barefoot in the middle of a Toblerone binge?
What's Toblerone got to do with it?
I like Toblerone, I know they have changed the shape but it tastes the same and is still made in Switzerland.
I am hoping for a big bar or bars of the stuff in lieu of a rip off Easter egg.

And what's so interesting about Dundee?

What's Toblerone got to do with it?
I like Toblerone, I know they have changed the shape but it tastes the same and is still made in Switzerland.
I am hoping for a big bar or bars of the stuff in lieu of a rip off Easter egg.

And what's so interesting about Dundee?
Is this a 'wha-haaaa'?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Is this a 'wha-haaaa'?

I don't know but to be honest I do fancy some toblerone now he's mentioned it.
Looking forward to tonight, I'm hoping every one in a red shirt whose playing has read the shaving reviews from Tuesdays game and we put at least three past Brighton tonight. Obviously with Brighton scoring less.

Is this a 'wha-haaaa'?

I don't know but to be honest I do fancy some toblerone now he's mentioned it.
Looking forward to tonight, I'm hoping every one in a red shirt whose playing has read the shaving reviews from Tuesdays game and we put at least three past Brighton tonight. Obviously with Brighton scoring less.

A few changes but still a strong side.

It's right to rest Sanchez as he has been poor in the last few games, while pogna isn't a 100% after his knock.

Not sure is lingaard is deserving of a start today as he has been off the ball recently.

Looks like a 4231 line up. I'm hoping lingaard is out right and Mata centrally. That little Spanish magician can do wonders from there

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Happy to see that line up. Happier to see a goal or two early on mind you.

Get in lukkaku.

Good by Shaw to dislodge the defence with a run before cutting it back for a lovely 1st time cross by matic

Another headed goal, matic on.the end of it.

We've been.cruising through this game