Manchester United FC

I thought this was quite funny. Rednapp has turned into a bit of a prat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

That's news, Rednapp a prat? ;)Just following in his dad's footsteps.:shakefist:
Carraghers face at the end was a picture

That's news, Rednapp a prat? ;)Just following in his dad's footsteps.:shakefist:
Carraghers face at the end was a picture
Carragher is an everton fan at heart, so he does not suffer from delusion

United team tonight

Looks like he has gone for a defensively minded midfielder, perhaps allowing the front free a bit more freedom when we are in attack.

Broadly happy with the team, but would have preferred pogba to start. The selection might show that jose does not trust him in a defensively minded formation.

Also think Shaw deserves to start and should certainly be on the bench instead of darmian. Wonder if he has a knock?

United team tonight

Looks like he has gone for a defensively minded midfielder, perhaps allowing the front free a bit more freedom when we are in attack.

Broadly happy with the team, but would have preferred pogba to start. The selection might show that jose does not trust him in a defensively minded formation.

Also think Shaw deserves to start and should certainly be on the bench instead of darmian. Wonder if he has a knock?

Well that team selection is decidely underwhelming...My expectations have been suitably lowered, so here's hoping they can prove me wrong? The only good thing this proves is that he has faith in our young players, McTominay starts, good luck to him!

Not a great start from us.

Sevilla are hard working and compact without the ball, but they haven't offered too much when in attack.

If we can restrict them to long rangers, we will get through this round

That correra bloke on the wing looks good

Herrera off with a muscle injury after 15mins. Pogback mk2 on

De Gea proving his paycheck time and again. Some woeful defending and some proper diving about and shitty tackles from both sides.

McTominary with the closest thing to a goal on our side.

Not a very inspiring match, but livened up at the end of the half. We'd be 1-0 down if it wern t for some great saves by De Gea at the end.

Sevilla are nothing special, but we've only made one good chance and our attacking play is non existent. Been a disappointing, uninspired performance so far.

Could do with injecting some pace into the game. No one has really performed well, but Mata is one to sacrifice for martial or rashford. Bring one of those on and stick Sanchez out right

Are we impressed yet? I understand Mourinho is prepping for the chelsea game, but we have been bang average tonight. Overall gone pretty much as i expected so far, with that team selection, so perhaps i shouldn't be surprised?

Need to try and get more width in the second half, we've been far too narrow allowing them to turn the ball over quickly and overrun Valencia, who could do with some support out there...Thank fcuk we have the best keeper in the world is all i can say!

Last edited:
Not the best game of football I've ever watched, but a good result for united. Hadn't realised how impressive Sevilla' s home record is

Don't think we have much to worry about at old trafford. But we do need to be much better going forward

That's 90 minutes I'll never get back, absolutely shithouse performance!

0-0 is about as good a non scoreline as we could have hoped for, but we made a very poor Seville look like a good team and could have lost? Thankfully their attack proved to be as shit as ours, so i expect us to do the business at our place but won't be surprised if we get turned over...Utterly boring shitfest!!!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
3-3 would have been better, these goalles draws away from home make me fecking nervous.
Why do we make it so bloody hard for ourselves?

3-3 would have been better, these goalles draws away from home make me fecking nervous.
Why do we make it so bloody hard for ourselves?
I wouldn’t be too worried mate Jose is one of the very best Cup managers of modern times. He always seems to find the right performance and find a way.

I would want to avoid you lot like the plague if we both got through. But those UEFA hot balls will have other ideas I am sure :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldn’t be too worried mate Jose is one of the very best Cup managers of modern times. He always seems to find the right performance and find a way.

I would want to avoid you lot like the plague if we both got through. But those UEFA hot balls will have other ideas I am sure :)
It would be interesting, you lot can score goals for fun and losing Coutinho hasn't appeared to be upsetting the team, however you do concede quite a few. Utd are the polar opposite, great at keeping the goals out thanks to De Gea but scoring is not something that appears to come naturally and it bloody irritates me as it's not the way Utd have done things hroughout the years. I can't really understand it as we have the players but I can't remember the last time we put five or more goals past any one.

It would be interesting, you lot can score goals for fun and losing Coutinho hasn't appeared to be upsetting the team, however you do concede quite a few.
For the first time in a long, long time there isn't a single side in the Champions League that would really worry me if we drew them.

No-one really looks all that good (even Barcelona looked poor last night) and I'd be confident of our attack blowing anyone out of the water. Our defence is always a worry but we'd just have to Keegan our way through.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
For the first time in a long, long time there isn't a single side in the Champions League that would really worry me if we drew them.

No-one really looks all that good (even Barcelona looked poor last night) and I'd be confident of our attack blowing anyone out of the water. Our defence is always a worry but we'd just have to Keegan our way through.
One of the very rare occasions I was cheering you lot on was when Keegan was managing the barcodes. What a match, what a result. I supposed "you'd love it, love it" if you beat us. ;)