Manchester United FC

Well read my post in full. It was my effort to come up with a story about United after the crap I read about Barcelona and dear Slab Head.
Nice to see someone fell for it :slow:

I really didn't fall for it, which was why I wrote what I did...I miss the old white text.

But to be fair to you, their deserved reputations are so bad amongst the fanbase, it probably wouldn't surprise anyone if those creatures had got some of their PR spin doctors to put out such a story, the grabbing shitcunts!

Utd are now losing interest in De Jong as he’s dragging his feet and not showing any wish of wanting to leave Barcelona for Utd.
Apparently Utd are now looking at Phillips from Leeds and Ward Prowse from Southampton. Those two will be an instant improvement on McFred.
Hopefully Utd will sell Pierra to Fulham, could do with a few more leaving.

Utd are now losing interest in De Jong as he’s dragging his feet and not showing any wish of wanting to leave Barcelona for Utd.
Apparently Utd are now looking at Phillips from Leeds and Ward Prowse from Southampton. Those two will be an instant improvement on McFred.
Hopefully Utd will sell Pierra to Fulham, could do with a few more leaving.

I thought your criteria was the made up tale had to be believable?

I thought your criteria was the made up tale had to be believable?
Not falling for this one then. :-D
I suppose going for two signings gave it away. On a serious note I am a bit concerned over De Jong, he isn’t exactly sending out signals that he wants to join Utd, I thought we were only going to go for players who wanted to join our club, this is beginning to remind me of De Maria who didn't want to join us and that turned out to be a pretty awful signing.

The problems for Manchester United right now seem to be:

1. No CL football;
2. Difficult to discern any plan/strategy for moving forward;
3. Hints of unhappy dressing room (Ronaldo in particular, but there are/were others, Mr Pogba I’m looking at you)

So yes, there is the enormous cachet that the name brings, and I do not discount that for a moment, but on the other hand there has been a lack of success, seeming unhappiness and no clear picture of the way that the club intends to get out of that mess and achieve greater things. If I was a top player I would take some persuading to move to Old Trafford right now. The answer may have to be to buy potential and grow organically - understanding that this approach takes a few years. Also, find a manager you have faith in to succeed with that model (and Ten Hag May well be that man) and stick with him.

1. No CL football;
3. Hints of unhappy dressing room (Ronaldo in particular, but there are/were others, Mr Pogba I’m looking at you)

So yes, there is the enormous cachet that the name brings, and I do not discount that for a moment, but on the other hand there has been a lack of success, seeming unhappiness and no clear picture of the way that the club intends to get out of that mess and achieve greater things. If I was a top player I would take some persuading to move to Old Trafford right now. The answer may have to be to buy potential and grow organically - understanding that this approach takes a few years. Also, find a manager you have faith in to succeed with that model (and Ten Hag May well be that man) and stick with him.
Exactly, that’s why I’m having second thoughts on this De Jong character who as I say isn‘t exactly pushing for the move.

1. No CL football;

I couldn't find the organic ones.

Screenshot_20220628-120537_Chrome.jpg

I suppose going for two signings gave it away. On a serious note I am a bit concerned over De Jong, he isn’t exactly sending out signals that he wants to join Utd, I thought we were only going to go for players who wanted to join our club, this is beginning to remind me of De Maria who didn't want to join us and that turned out to be a pretty awful signing.

I know anything can happen in a transfer deal, but as far as I'm concerned it's a done deal until someone officially says it isn't...Barca are in deep financial shit and have to sell by July 1st or find themselves unable to make any transfers due to ongoing ffp sanctions with their league. And despite their claims to the contrary, they've also made it clear that he is expendable and DeJong now knows he is available for the right price.

They were initially wanting £85m fee without add ons. The delay has been us haggling them down to a more reasonable fee including add ons, which appears to have worked as our latest offer brings it to about €65m with achievable add ons of about €13m, so a more than decent saving. So in English about £67m all in, which is an absolute steal for a player of his quality.

Our illustrious owners have obviously set a strict budget, so any savings we make on DeJong can be used on other signings that the manager wants...so they get money they desperately need to keep them afloat and Ten Hag gets the player he wants...makes no sense for this not to happen in the next few days.

What gave it away was mentioning Phillips who City have signed :)

What gave it away was mentioning Phillips who City have signed :)

No, what gave it away was that De Jong has literally said nothing over the rumours in the media, so where anyone gets di Maria vibes from makes no sense.

De Jong knows now he isn't wanted by Barca as they're desperate for money and he's their only realistic asset to sell, as Xavi has made clear that both Gavi and Pedri are unsellable. di Maria on the other hand pushed for his exit from Real to PSG for a huge hike in his wages, but PSGs ffp sanctions put the kibosh on that, so he came to us unwillingly. Trying to conflate De Jong with di Maria is just plain wrong, as their situations are completely different.

Just seen a report from Paul Hirst that we've now rejected any move for McTominay? Apparently Newcastle and another unnamed club made tentative enquiries about his availability, but no formal offer has materialised asTen Hag sees him as a mainstay of our midfield....He must be playing Gouty's believable story game?

Ahem...

Screenshot_20220628-161238_Chrome.jpg

I know anything can happen in a transfer deal, but as far as I'm concerned it's a done deal until someone officially says it isn't...Barca are in deep financial shit and have to sell by July 1st or find themselves unable to make any transfers due to ongoing ffp sanctions with their league. And despite their claims to the contrary, they've also made it clear that he is expendable and DeJong now knows he is available for the right price.

They were initially wanting £85m fee without add ons. The delay has been us haggling them down to a more reasonable fee including add ons, which appears to have worked as our latest offer brings it to about €65m with achievable add ons of about €13m, so a more than decent saving. So in English about £67m all in, which is an absolute steal for a player of his quality.

Our illustrious owners have obviously set a strict budget, so any savings we make on DeJong can be used on other signings that the manager wants...so they get money they desperately need to keep them afloat and Ten Hag gets the player he wants...makes no sense for this not to happen in the next few days.
I await with bated breath.

Times they are indeed changing...with De Jong deal almost done, it's been reported that we've only gone and bought ourselves a superb young left back from Feyernoord.

Tyrell Malacia has been described as being like a young Evra, strong determined character, great defender who flies down the wing and can actually put in a good cross. I suspect that Shaw will be looking over his shoulder with this lad...The whole deal will cost us €17m. €15 fee & €2m in add ons.

Fcuking epic bit of business that and should mean the end of Telles weak arse defending, with poor attacking productivity. If the reports about us only moving onto other targets once De Jong was done are true, then Yes it's been a great day for the club!

The fishing in here is crap at the moment.

Must be something serious going on eh Gouty...

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Times they are indeed changing...with De Jong deal almost done, it's been reported that we've only gone and bought ourselves a superb young left back from Feyernoord.

Tyrell Malacia has been described as being like a young Evra, strong determined character, great defender who flies down the wing and can actually put in a good cross. I suspect that Shaw will be looking over his shoulder with this lad...The whole deal will cost us €17m. €15 fee & €2m in add ons.

Fcuking epic bit of business that and should mean the end of Telles weak arse defending, with poor attacking productivity. If the reports about us only moving onto other targets once De Jong was done are true, then Yes it's been a great day for the club!
Is that now confirmed, Tyrell ?

I heard Utd are in discussions after Feyenoord agreed terms with some French club.
Hopefully you are correct.

The fishing in here is crap at the moment.

Must be something serious going on eh Gouty...
Well my big toe is slightly swollen, I think I may have to up my medication.

Latest Threads