Manchester United FC

Absolutely pathetic, mind you I liked the way Brighton played, really passed the ball well. Their left back was always on the move, very skilful and scored a smashing goal.
Well done Mr Potter a magical performance.

Manchester United are 25 points behind Manchester City, although to be fair Manchester City have three games in hand so should still be able to establish a slightly more respectable lead over their close neighbours

Brighton epitomised everything certain Utd Players can't or won't do. Particularly without the ball. Run - hard - to get in position, get a foot in and pressure the oppo.

Most of them tried, but the number who cared (there's a difference) was smaller.

Roll on next season.

And the Woodward cronies cull continues as our now former chief strategy officer leaves his post.

HemenTseayo, who has spent 10 years as another faceless and nameless Woodward minion behind the scenes has, according to the Athletic, decided now would be a good time to move on from his very lucrative position within the club. He was very heavily involved in the clubs finances, business dealings and future strategies.

Given our mediocre last decade on the field, the fewer of these charlatans at the club, the better, perhaps then we can get back to being great at our core business of football...But that remains to be seen, considering the same lizards still own the club!!

In other excellent news, our U18 youth team are playing the tricky trees in the FA Youth cup final tomorrow night at Old Trafford. Some lovely players coming through our ranks, but Forest under our former youth team manager will be a tough challenge. Some big physical lads who could cause us problems if we don't approach the game properly. Should be a cracking game!

64,000 in attendance for a youth game is quite staggering and will obviously be a record crowd. But it has to be said the club has impressed with only charging a quid for entry for both sets of fans. Whatever the result, playing in front of such a large crowd will be a great experience for both teams and, one i doubt they will ever forget.

Edit to add....the crowd I quoted has risen to basically a full house, so that's 74.000+, of which 6-7000 will be tricky trees supporters. Just goes to prove that not everything is rotten at the club and that we can occasionally get some things right.

Perhaps our senior players should be made to attend, it might remind them of what hard work, skill and application of both can do.

Last edited:
Shock news.

View attachment 661323

I keep telling people this is a savvy move by City, get the slacker on a free for a three year contract then before the first season is out sell him on to some mug club, hopefully not back to Utd though, unless Ole gets his old job back then it will be a dead cert move.

Sorry if you've already seen it, but Richards really isn't getting Carragher's point.

I haven't seen it but from what I understand Carragher thinks this a crazy move for City, and who could disagree, other than Pogba and his mum.

It's amazing how immature some of those that seem to have a talent for kicking a ball about can be. Too think of the adulation and riches that come with that success and by the way they react you'd think they were being treated little better than Dalits.

Of course no-one is immune from being a bit moody from time to time but really, these guys seem to think like the world both hates them and owes them a living. God knows how the little diddums sleep at night, maybe they have a safety blanket and a teddy bear who loves them.

I haven't seen it but from what I understand Carragher thinks this a crazy move for City, and who could disagree, other than Pogba and his mum.

It's amazing how immature some of those that seem to have a talent for kicking a ball about can be. Too think of the adulation and riches that come with that success and by the way they react you'd think they were being treated little better than Dalits.

Of course no-one is immune from being a bit moody from time to time but really, these guys seem to think like the world both hates them and owes them a living. God knows how the little diddums sleep at night, maybe they have a safety blanket and a teddy bear who loves them.

If he goes to City and thrives then it points to a toxic atmosphere at Man U. If that’s the case it doesn’t matter what players you get in, they won’t perform.

I couldn't help but notice that the two generations of ex pro had entirely different views on it/him.

I think a lot of it stems from how they are treated as financial assets to a lot of people in the sport, rather than seen as "real" people who need other skills than just footballing ones. This creates a situation where families who have nothing and greedy agents etc, can capitalise on that person's talent and hard work, telling them how special they are, how much they are worth etc.

Add to that the fact that they can get paid astronomical amounts before they've even won anything of note. Unfortunately in most clubs these days it is becoming irreversible, if it already isn't.

If Guardiola can get him playing well every week, then good on him, but I agree with you. This could be a financially astute decision for City.

If he goes to City and thrives then it points to a toxic atmosphere at Man U. If that’s the case it doesn’t matter what players you get in, they won’t perform.

Maybe he can thrive elsewhere, but I think he is too fragile, one bad match and being subbed and it will all be over.

The OT toxic and defeatist atmosphere has been there and left to fester for far too long, if unchanged then next season will be more of the same. Perhaps with a new man in the chair and other staff changes along with the squad itself then we will see that change, it certainly needs to.

We will see and I don't just assume that the future will all now be rosy, many posts ago I pointed out that once rot sets in anywhere and is allowed to seep deep then restoration is a long haul back if it is possible at all. Frankly Utd. didn't seem like they would ever see that simple truth.

He won’t, he’s over rated, he is a turd of a player and not much better off the pitch.
The worse pound for pound signing in the history of our club.

Meanwhile, 'We are Leeds, Supa Leeds' are on their way to the Championship.

Every cloud and all that.

So on a night when our youth side win 3-1 to lift the FA Youth Cup for the 11th time, furthering our record haul to boot, Ten Hag wins the Eredivisie with Ajax, so can now start to concentrate on us full time, I get in from the game only to find that it looks like we're about to sign DeJong from Barca for a reported 75-80 million Euros.

If it's true and the deal is 95% done, it will be a superb bit of business from our POV. It will also be a sign of us getting back to doing our transfer business properly, after years of making a big song and dance to maximise publicity, it will nice to get back to getting deals done on the QT. On the player, he's exactly what we've needed for years in the 6 or 8 slot, so we would only need to get a dedicated DM to work along side him, he'll do the rest.

My only concern would be that last 5%, we have a habit on occasions of fcuking up when all seems done. Let's hope it's a done deal, so we can stop hearing the lie that we can no longer attract top quality players, as that's never really been the case. Ten Hag has definitely made it clear to the board what type of player he wants, and if it happens, they've obviously listened and that would be a great start to his tenure.

Yes, you beat Forest. :pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff:

Was there to see it, good game with the right result, for us at least.

On the game itself, it was much closer than the 3-1 would suggest. Both sides put in bags of work with no mean quality either. Some lovely stuff out there, but our conditioning was probably the difference in the end. The main downside is the officiating at that level, utterly dreadful, so I'm sure they'll be promoted to the Prem list immediately. As an example, We were given a penalty at 1-1 which didn't look like a pen to me, but should have resulted in a red card for the Forest defender for fouling Garnacho who was clear on goal, but only received a yellow. Generally poor officiating seems the standard at that level and it needs addressing.

Forest have a gem in Warren Joyce, he is one of the very best coaches at U23 level. His 8 years with United's U23s saw us win 5 League titles with a fluid high press game and total application from all the players. So I kind of knew what to expect. Your 2 standout players were a lad called Powell, lovely left foot but playing as a RWB, caused loads of problems with his crosses. The other was like an old fashioned inside forward type calledTaylor, strong lad, loads of movement, good strength and very clever with good vision and positioning. Suspect they'll make it at your place given a bit of time and some smoothing out of their rough edges.

As for us, we've got some cracking talent coming through at all levels, some are more advanced than their age groups, which is why U16s are playing in the U18s and U18s regularly play in the U23s...All of which is very pleasing.

So on a night when our youth side win 3-1 to lift the FA Youth Cup for the 11th time, furthering our record haul to boot, Ten Hag wins the Eredivisie with Ajax, so can now start to concentrate on us full time, I get in from the game only to find that it looks like we're about to sign DeJong from Barca for a reported 75-80 million Euros.

If it's true and the deal is 95% done, it will be a superb bit of business from our POV. It will also be a sign of us getting back to doing our transfer business properly, after years of making a big song and dance to maximise publicity, it will nice to get back to getting deals done on the QT. On the player, he's exactly what we've needed for years in the 6 or 8 slot, so we would only need to get a dedicated DM to work along side him, he'll do the rest.

My only concern would be that last 5%, we have a habit on occasions of fcuking up when all seems done. Let's hope it's a done deal, so we can stop hearing the lie that we can no longer attract top quality players, as that's never really been the case. Ten Hag has definitely made it clear to the board what type of player he wants, and if it happens, they've obviously listened and that would be a great start to his tenure.
He was talked about in a swap deal with Bernardo Silva going the other way only last week.

Meanwhile, 'We are Leeds, Supa Leeds' are on their way to the Championship.

Every cloud and all that.
Yes, you beat Forest. :pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff:
wd.jpg

This made me laugh in todays BBC gossip column.

Paul Pogba agreed personal terms with Manchester City but turned down a move from Manchester United because the 29-year-old France midfielder, who is out of contract this summer, was concerned about a backlash from United supporters. (Times - subscription required)

A backlash:???: :slow: No he’d go there with my blessing just to see City crumble, that’s how big a turd he is. No the reason he isn’t going to City is that Pep and City never had any interest in him, and rightly so, I can’t wait till he fecks off abroad and we never have to see him again.

Latest Threads