Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That appears to be the media/pundit line - not sure I've ever bought into it. Funnily enough, there's a youtube comp vid of all the goals scored under OGS. You watch it and you can see a team playing like a team for the vast majority - and scoring some blinding goals. Of course it's when they're conceding that you begin to question whether they're playing as a team or not, which you don't get from that vid.

Personal view is that some of those players lacked courage and had a confidence crisis in the last few weeks of OGS, combined with an attitudinal thing where our running stats dropped off to the levels we had when Jose got binned.
My god you’re still not backing the ex manager are you? Any small clip and highlights can make anything look good. Jesus you could make Pogba look like a world class player if you put together a two minute clip, make that one minute of his best games for Utd.
If our ex manager was still here Dalot wouldn’t be playing and he is vastly better than AWB who is awful going forward and not much better in defence, shit no wonder we have such a poor defensive record with him and Slab Head in the squad, both of whom are our ex managers signings.
I just wish I had the job of tearing down his mural from OT.

I'm surprised you're not berating Rangnick already for playing Sancho on the left. Don't forget we've got a sweep running on how long it takes before "He's the best thing since sliced bread" turns into " he knows nothing about footy if only they'd listened to me and got X, Y, Z in instead".......

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm surprised you're not berating Rangnick already for playing Sancho on the left. Don't forget we've got a sweep running on how long it takes before "He's the best thing since sliced bread" turns into " he knows nothing about footy if only they'd listened to me and got X, Y, Z in instead".......
I know a loser when I see one and let’s be honest our ex manager was a loser.
He might have scored the winner against Bayern all those years ago but that wasn’t the most important goal of the night, Teddy’s was.
I was dssapointed when LVG and Jose were sacked, I have never celebrated a manager getting the sack, not until that clown got the push.
Honestly you must be blind if you think he was ever going to win anything.

Looking forward to a better future now, not necessarily with Rangnick as the temp but with him advising and hopefully with Ten Hag as the permanent manager, but you never know The FA Cup is a great competition and hopefully this chap will give it his all.

wheel

LE
I know a loser when I see one and let’s be honest our ex manager was a loser.
He might have scored the winner against Bayern all those years ago but that wasn’t the most important goal of the night, Teddy’s was.
I was dssapointed when LVG and Jose were sacked, I have never celebrated a manager getting the sack, not until that clown got the push.
Honestly you must be blind if you think he was ever going to win anything.

Looking forward to a better future now, not necessarily with Rangnick as the temp but with him advising and hopefully with Ten Hag as the permanent manager, but you never know The FA Cup is a great competition and hopefully this chap will give it his all.
Of course you do. You can see everything from your armchair. In your own time carry on.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A
Of course you do. You can see everything from your armchair. In your own time carry on.
Are you a United supporter?
Did you see the shit served up by our ex manager?
Could you ever see United getting back to anything like a winning club under our ex manager?
Has our ex manager being offered a job yet, by that I don’t mean as a pundit but as an actual manager of a professional football team?
I suggest you would answer no to all the above questions.
What is it with this love in with our ex manager?

wheel

LE
A

Are you a United supporter?
Did you see the shit served up by our ex manager?
Could you ever see United getting back to anything like a winning club under our ex manager?
Has our ex manager being offered a job yet, by that I don’t mean as a pundit but as an actual manager of a professional football team?
I suggest you would answer no to all the above questions.
What is it with this love in with our ex manager?
Still got your blinkers on then.
My team is Port Vale. I support them through thick and thin. Proper football

Did you see the sh1t served up by our ex manager?
No worse - in fact far better than what was delivered by his two predecessors

We'll never know. Came close last season - would only have taken one more goal in the Europa final for that first trophy. He won exactly the same number of trophies as SAF in his first three years.
Generally speaking, it's a little soon don't you think?

I was dssapointed when LVG and Jose were sacked,
While we're at it, I'll just leave these here.....

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/manchester-united-fc.39832/post-8947804

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/manchester-united-fc.39832/post-7212744

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
No worse - in fact far better than what was delivered by his two predecessors

We'll never know. Came close last season - would only have taken one more goal in the Europa final for that first trophy. He won exactly the same number of trophies as SAF in his first three years.

Generally speaking, it's a little soon don't you think?

While we're at it, I'll just leave these here.....

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/manchester-united-fc.39832/post-8947804

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/manchester-united-fc.39832/post-7212744
Oh please just don’t mention the Europa final, the loser got us into that competition when we should have qualified for the CL knock out stages, the stupid Cnut even fucked that up and couldn’t win the consolation prize when we were firm favourites.

And you compared him to Sir Alex, Alex was a born winner who had broken the old firm and went on to win the European Cup winners Cup. He had a clear plan and took over a team that really did need a complete overhaul.

By the stage Jose had to go he wanted to go(and he was doing better when he wanted the sack then our ex manager was in the period prior to his sacking) because he wasn’t backed, the board should have listened to him and backed him, could have got nigh on £100 million for Pogba, now he’s walking away for nothing, hopefully.
As for LVG at least he won us the cup.
So you dig around for two old posts, but those managers actually won a trophy, LVG was bad though and yes even though he won the cup he had to go, Jose wasn’t backed and deliberately got the sack. Both had bigger bollocks than our ex manager who just stank the place out.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
In that case please forgive me when I say that on this thread I really don’t give a **** about your views or comments.

It could be argued that supporting the club through thick and thin involves not blindly supporting an individual associated with the club, regardless of his/her history or regard they are held in for former achievements. So supporting the club must come with the responsibility of acknowledging when someone is not up to their job, not from a subjective have a go view but simple objectivity about what is best for the club.

OGS has gone, we can hope for better times to come while still holding him in high regard for his playing days, which I do. Business and pleasure then.

It could be equally argued that supporting the club does not involve actively wanting the manager to fail because he isn't a "name".

It's the vitriol I don't get. The football under OGS was incontrovertibly better than that under LVG or Jose. There's an argument that says he was not tactically astute enough to get the best out of the players he had. There's also an argument that says OGS persevered with some players instead of dropping them when they didn't perform.

But much of that is still on the players. Some of them hid behind Ole - and have no hiding place now.

I was prepared to give him till the end of the season to win something. You never know, it might have been a catalyst. We'll never know. I do know that the club felt better with OGS than it did with LVG and Jose.

Meantime this thread has largely been populated by two reds busily agreeing with a couple of real granny-stabbers, a pretend granny stabber who's actually a Forest fan and a random Bitter that OGS was rubbish.

Meantime this thread has largely been populated by two reds busily agreeing with a couple of real granny-stabbers, a pretend granny stabber who's actually a Forest fan and a random Bitter that OGS was rubbish.

Are you 12?

You'd have to be a lot older than twelve to remember the origin of the granny stabber epithet.

Typical grannystabber, always hanging around where they're not wanted.

Is it dinnertime yet in Merseydive?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You'd have to be a lot older than twelve to remember the origin of the granny stabber epithet.

Now where’s your manners:-? That’s no way to treat our guests.

Guests are people who are invited. Granny stabbers are people you find leaving with your property.

Do you have the mental age of a 12 year old?

I see the renowned Scouse sense of humour - sorry, victimhood - is alive and well.

Don't like the banter, stay on your own thread.

I see the renowned Scouse sense of humour - sorry, victimhood - is alive and well.

Don't like the banter, stay on your own thread.

You confuse banter with infantile phrases, do you also shout “you’re sh*t aaahhhhh” at opposing goalkeepers?

No. Generally I leave that to those versed in low abuse. There's a lot of them with an alleged lovable sense of humour.

The same ones who managed to get the entire country's teams banned from Europe for some unfathomable reason.

I'll stop there. Now bugger off to your own thread and take your victimhood with you.

You thieving grannystabber.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You confuse banter with infantile phrases, do you also shout “you’re sh*t aaahhhhh” at opposing goalkeepers?
Are you still allowed to do that nowadays:???:

Latest Threads