Manchester United FC

That brings the rather unsettling possible conclusion that Utd knew he was going to make a mistake and just let it happen. Just to restate as SAF stated "Nonetheless, he did go on to say that Moyes should not have disbanded the backroom staff which had been there under Ferguson.

The "should not" doesn't allow for a "it seemed like that might be the right thing to do it but just didn't work out well" analysis but that it was allowed to happen (so not a comment made with the benefit of hindsight) but clear that it should not happen.
The "should not" is an opinion - SAFs - made with the benefit of hindsight. Nothing more.

It's also worth noting that SAF was acutely aware of the effect Sir Matts continued presence around the club had on his immediate successors. I think SAF made a conscious decision to try and avoid that scenario reoccurring.

The "should not" is an opinion - SAFs - made with the benefit of hindsight. Nothing more.

It's also worth noting that SAF was acutely aware of the effect Sir Matts continued presence around the club had on his immediate successors. I think SAF made a conscious decision to try and avoid that scenario reoccurring.

I'm not convinced that comment was made from hindsight, but either way there are two possibilities, the club either knew in advance that Moyes wanted to change the staff or they did not, but whatever they allowed this to happen, and I would suggest that this should have been discussed prior to hiring.

If then board did not want to accept his condition Moyes could either live with it or walk, I can't accept that this is just the way it is done then to blame Moyes when it goes wrong. To say that he got rid of those that knew the club but those he bought in didn't is to pass the buck as the board would have been fully aware that the replacements had no previous involvement with the club.

the club either knew in advance that Moyes wanted to change the staff or they did not, but whatever they allowed this to happen, and I would suggest that this should have been discussed prior to hiring.
I'm sure it was discussed in advance. You don't offer someone a six-year contract without discussing plans for the coaching staff etc.

I can't accept that this is just the way it is done then to blame Moyes when it goes wrong. To say that he got rid of those that knew the club but those he bought in didn't is to pass the buck as the board would have been fully aware that the replacements had no previous involvement with the club.
Errr, who's blaming Moyes? As noted previously, both Albert Steptoe and Giggsy knew the club. Only that knob Steve Round didn't. With hindsight it's easy to say he should have kept Mike P and Rene on - but that's all it is.

Every new manager brings his own staff.

I'm sure it was discussed in advance. You don't offer someone a six-year contract without discussing plans for the coaching staff etc.

Errr, who's blaming Moyes? As noted previously, both Albert Steptoe and Giggsy knew the club. Only that knob Steve Round didn't. With hindsight it's easy to say he should have kept Mike P and Rene on - but that's all it is.

Every new manager brings his own staff.

The blame comment wasn't aimed at you, it was for all of those that have decided this is the truth they want. As mentioned, if every manager brings their own staff (and this was discussed in advance) then was SAF wrong to say that he shouldn't have acted as he did?

Perhaps this all indicates why the management of football clubs sometimes looks like the lunatics being in charge of the asylum.

SAF had an opinion - probably affected by hindsight - he's perfectly entitled to express it. There's no right or wrong.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
3D40E753-A16A-4E3B-919A-896D5EDC5C6A.jpeg

Nice to see Dalot given a chance over AWB, and very nice to see Sancho getting another game from the start.
Has RANGNICK had any input whatsoever? Officially no, maybe a chat ove a cup of coffee who knows;)
Looking forward to this, again no Shaw, must have been a nasty bang on the head.
3 - 0 Utd.:numberone:

View attachment 619687
Nice to see Dalot given a chance over AWB, and very nice to see Sancho getting another game from the start.
Has RANGNICK had any input whatsoever? Officially no, maybe a chat ove a cup of coffee who knows;)
Looking forward to this, again no Shaw, must have been a nasty bang on the head.
3 - 0 Utd.:numberone:
This will be a literal 'Litmus Test' for your team tonight. We beat them 4:0 ar home, so over to you. Who wants to wear the shirt in six months time?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s live on Amazon Prime but the picture quality just isn’t right, I said this last season, oh well just have to put up with it I suppose.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Still a very poor Man U side.
Can’t do anything about the squad, if you’ve been watching this thread for a bit you will know my views on Fred, Rashford and Slab Head.
Now I’m trying to be positive.

It’s live on Amazon Prime but the picture quality just isn’t right, I said this last season, oh well just have to put up with it I suppose.
You must have a really crap TV because the picture quality on mine is awesome. Better than the so called Sky UHD quality. Something I've noticed a lot lately with Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, the sound and picture quality is miles better.

Is this yours...

Screenshot_20211202-201007_eBay.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair goal, no complaints.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You must have a really crap TV because the picture quality on mine is awesome. Better than the so called Sky UHD quality. Something I've noticed a lot lately with Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, the sound and picture quality is miles better.

Is this yours...

View attachment 619693
Cheeky thieving scouse fecker it is mine.:-D
Seriously though I do have a rather nice Sony UHD TV with SKYQ and the picture quality with normal Amazon Prime and Netflix is fantastic, the football with Amazon though just isn’t right. Maybe it’s the internet connection but as I say films are spot on.

Last edited:
Fair goal, no complaints.
Not sure if I would say it was fair to be honest.

Either D'Gea was to blame for being such a pansy and lying down after Fred stood on his foot, or, the referee was to blame for not going to Specsavers and seeing that D'Gea was injured, or, it was those dozy fcukers operating VAR for not overturning it.

Either way, now I just want your lot to exact revenge, a lot of it, and fecking soon.

D'Gea, what a wuss.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
They need to get someone in to replace that Carrick bloke ASAP!
I hope Carrick asks De Gea what exactly was wrong with him?
Looking at the replays know one was near him, he went down looking for a free kick didn’t get one feigned injury hoping game would get stopped and the mighty gunners scored. Spanish prick.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
:number1:

How was it not fair exactly
Not sure if I would say it was fair to be honest.

Either D'Gea was to blame for being such a pansy and lying down after Fred stood on his foot, or, the referee was to blame for not going to Specsavers and seeing that D'Gea was injured, or, it was those dozy fcukers operating VAR for not overturning it.

Either way, now I just want your lot to exact revenge, a lot of it, and fecking soon.

D'Gea, what a wuss.
How was it not fair exactly?

Imagine if your goal’s threatened, your great clodhopping Fb goes and takes a chunk out of his keeper and decks him to prevent the inevitable?

( Don’t tell Slabhead, he might realise he actually has a talent for something)

Ps
Agree about the ‘pansy-wuss’ description though.

Eagerly awaiting their next attempt to f’up their deserved equaliser.

Oops Harry nearly delivered;
F*** VAR

Latest Threads