Manchester United FC

Gouty, you were dog chocolate again, you scored with a horrendous defensive error and chelski were all over you, your keeper (yet again) kept you in the game and by rights you should've been panned by half time.
So is that a 'Must Do Better' then?

Gouty, you were dog chocolate again, you scored with a horrendous defensive error and chelski were all over you, your keeper (yet again) kept you in the game and by rights you should've been panned by half time.

What you are describing there is still an improvement over recent performances.

I have to say, “Thank you”, chaps. Looking at the table, with Chelsea, City and Liverpool yet to play each other again, the title is in each of those three teams’ hands. Yesterday, it wasn’t in our hands until you took points off Chelsea. I’m sure there’ll be points dropped by all three (has to be, in fact), but it’s better not to have to rely on that.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Compared to the way we played against you and Liverpool, Leicester and Watford not to mention other games I thought I actually saw players in red run and actually try and compete.

It's another 'there's always next year but I really do hope you stay up, because the comedy you provide is priceless'
Oi less of the YOU :threaten::threaten::police:

I am part of the LFC Diplomatic Corps..

Compared to the way we played against you and Liverpool, Leicester and Watford not to mention other games I thought I actually saw players in red run and actually try and compete.

It wasn’t that you played badly against Liverpool, it’s just that Liverpool are awesome.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It wasn’t that you played badly against Liverpool, it’s just that Liverpool are awesome.
Any club could have looked awesome playing us with our ex manager.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Which channel were you watching? I think you may have been watching the Liverpool game!
I was honestly expecting a 3 nil loss and was just so pleased to how they performed, maybe I had rose tainted glasses on, after all not seeing our ex manager sat there like a gormless idiot must have inspired the players, it certainly helped with my frame of mind.
Bloody hell people on here were complaining about my constant moaning, I post a few up beat posts and I still get hammered, if you want me to feck off just say so and have done with it.:-D

The issue Rangnick may have is, of the 14 teams he has managed, if you include the 3 Stuttgart teams as separate, non have been at the level of Man U, with the quality of player Man U has or the expectations of some of these players.

Its all very well moving on a no-name because they don't run hard enough, try that with a Ronaldo or Pogba (who bring shirt revenue into the club) and it may be a different manner.

He has done very, very well developing players who buy into his philosophy, not sure what he will achieve in 6 months with players who may not?

The issue Rangnick may have is, of the 14 teams he has managed, if you include the 3 Stuttgart teams as separate, non have been at the level of Man U, with the quality of player Man U has or the expectations of some of these players.

Its all very well moving on a no-name because they don't run hard enough, try that with a Ronaldo or Pogba (who bring shirt revenue into the club) and it may be a different manner.

He has done very, very well developing players who buy into his philosophy, not sure what he will achieve in 6 months with players who may not?
So small clubs then....he says not so diplomatically..

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

It’s what he can do long term in his next role which intrigues me.
Im not sure shirt revenue pays or brings in that much revenue to the club, that money goes to the manufacturer with a very small % going to the club.
Looking forward to the Arsenal match to see if we can replicate that performance and maybe get three points.
For the first time in over a year I’m really looking forward to a football match again.

To me this kind of move (and others too) were what should have been done when SAF moved upstairs. Build for the future but instead we got the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality, so rather than preemptive maintenance we have reactive (8 years late) maintenance. Still, better late than never although, as I mentioned before, I think the rot has set in so deep I'm not sure it can be recovered from any time soon, and in the meantime you can be sure the Chelsea, City, Liverpool troika will not be sitting there resting on their laurels, it is not a matter for Utd. to catch up with where they are now, but to catch up with where they will be tomorrow and so on.

It is said that getting to the top of anything is hard enough but staying there even harder. Utd's barren trophy run is far from over.

To me this kind of move (and others too) were what should have been done when SAF moved upstairs. Build for the future but instead we got the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality

When the Maestro retired we'd just won the title by 11 points, Moyes came in and did the exact opposite, he broke what didn't need fixing. All that needed to happen was a tweak of the squad to keep it ticking over nicely, but no, in his desperation to impose his own identity on the club, Moyes came in and laid waste to Fergies backroom staff, directly leading to where we are now.

His atrocious actions meant that we were always going to fail to maintain any semblence of control over what Fergie built, and out of desperation to find the answer, we've gone through three other managers, yet have continued to spiral out of control. Rangnick's record proves he could be the man, but we've been here before, so it will take time and patience by everyone concerned, our Moyes induced problems are not a quick fix, because we are indeed broken, this time!

When the Maestro retired we'd just won the title by 11 points, Moyes came in and did the exact opposite, he broke what didn't need fixing. All that needed to happen was a tweak of the squad to keep it ticking over nicely, but no, in his desperation to impose his own identity on the club, Moyes came in and laid waste to Fergies backroom staff, directly leading to where we are now.

His atrocious actions meant that we were always going to fail to maintain any semblence of control over what Fergie built, and out of desperation to find the answer, we've gone through three other managers, yet have continued to spiral out of control. Rangnick's record proves he could be the man, but we've been here before, so it will take time and patience by everyone concerned, our Moyes induced problems are not a quick fix, because we are indeed broken, this time!
The problem the rags had was the issue of both Taggart and Gill putting their tickets in at the same time. Gill has turned out to be irreplaceable too.

But this was a continuity appointment by the club. It, and the system, might not have been broke but were a high mileage machine. As is often stated, SAF could seem to get more out of players than was expected so extending their shelf life more than Moysie was able to. Were the club not aware of and in agreement with his instant clear out when he arrived? I can't imagine were in the dark, presumably this had all been discussed in the negotiations leading up to the appointment. So there we were, approaching a new era by not getting ready for it.

So the club, fully endorsing his appointment and aware of his direction chose to go with him, their decision, same sort of manager and system as SAF I guess is what they (wrongly) saw after having looked inwardly rather than what the rest of the world was doing and what could they learn from that.

It's the way of the arrogant, rather like British industry back in the '50s, What can the Japanese tell us about building cars and motorbikes? They know nothing and we are the experts. Some things never change and proper change (not just a mad hatters tea party shuffle) was needed eight years ago.

Latest Threads