Manchester United FC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-121043_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-121043_WhatsApp.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 39

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Now that’s the way a top club should perform against a bottom three club, no excuse about injuries no excuses about playing in Europe in midweek just play to your best.
Manchester United should take note and see what a top class manager can and will do for a club.

Chelsea 7 Norwich 0

ps Conte has said he will be interested in the job if Solskjaer gets sacked.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I see even Arsenal are on same points as Utd. Yes, Arsenal FFS!!!
Don’t worry we have a game in hand now.
Oh feck it’s against the scousers, that means if Salah and co are really on form we could end up below them on GD.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Watching Brighton against City.
Now City may have been 3 up, now 3-1 but Brighton have been playing some great football.
Graham Potter really has Brighton playing as he did at Swansea, one to watch out for I think.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
@Gout Man one for you fella.
If only he would, mind you he probably wouldn’t secure his load properly and it would all go bouncing off as he hit the first bump in the road.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Let’s get the excuses and reasons in early.
It doesn’t sound promising but if Martial does grace us with his presence and Bruno is in fact out injured with Varane out as well then its going to be bad.
Utd 0 - 3 Liverpool.
If Liverpool do win then that will be 11 points dropped from the last 12.
Regardless of injuries that really good enough?

Let’s get the excuses and reasons in early.
It doesn’t sound promising but if Martial does grace us with his presence and Bruno is in fact out injured with Varane out as well then its going to be bad.
Utd 0 - 3 Liverpool.
If Liverpool do win then that will be 11 points dropped from the last 12.
Regardless of injuries that really good enough?

Subject to the way the winds blow this afternoon Utd be be anywhere from 4th to 8th by COB.

On the question of good enough it occurs to me there are three sets of fans;

- Those who are happy to choose Oil at the wheel over trophies. They know he won't win anything but as long as he is in the chair they are happy, that is their priority
- Those who want trophies (or at least to be really challenging for them) and think that to get there someone else needs to be at the wheel. They have no desire for Oli at the wheel simply because he used to play for the club and is a really nice man. They would have been more than happy to have him had he showed he was a genuine contender but know he is not
- The third lot (who you might think are the deluded mob) want trophies and imagine Oli is the man to deliver them. When he doesn't it is someone else's fault or bad luck etc.

On the top drawer manager question I think it is helpful to look to post match manager interviews. Klopp, Guardiola, Techuel, Rodgers etc. all look like they know their stuff, they have a presence that comes over as being on the ball. Oli looks lost, utterances such as "we need to concede fewer and score more", "we need to find our spark"', "we need to look at that" give me no confidence.

So with all the above positivity all set for a surprise 2:1 win for Utd then.

Ronaldo for a hat trick, 2 for you and an own goal for us...;-)

So with all the above positivity all set for a surprise 2:1 win for Utd then.

Ronaldo for a hat trick, 2 for you and an own goal for us...;-)

That might well be, then we can all get back to seeing Oli as the master tactician and top draw manager he really is. Who needs trophies and anyway, as mentioned, not winning a trophy does not mean Utd are poorly led, it means they were robbed or the gods conspired against us etc.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Man utd 8 Liverpool 1.

I may have been at the cider this afternoon...
Call it more than cider:drunken: pssst, have you got any left:-?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And the team news is as follows.
9B7F8ED5-1068-4EEA-81A7-F025A883051D.jpeg

Again no Sancho, and our star player Pogba is also relegated to the bench, (about bloody time) but why oh why does Solskjaer have to play both McTominey and Fred, in fact why does he have to play Fred at all?
An unchanged team from that which started against Atalanta, he doesn’t fecking learn does he?
Oh well, I’ll stick with 0-3.

And the team news is as follows.
View attachment 611627
Again no Sancho, and our star player Pogba is also relegated to the bench, (about bloody time) but why oh why does Solskjaer have to play both McTominey and Fred, in fact why does he have to play Fred at all?
An unchanged team from that which started against Atalanta, he doesn’t fecking learn does he?
Oh well, I’ll stick with 0-3.

I think the selection is an acknowledgment there is no team play structure in the planning and that Oli is hoping for numbers 7, 10, 11, 18 to just sort of pull off some heroics that will get us over the line. It's an approach that suits anyone who has no ideas to offer.

ok, so the first two results from today are in. Utd. need just a draw to overtake Spurs and Brighton, but to overtake West Ham a win is needed. Who needs to dine football's top table anyway for it to be exciting?