Manchester United FC

"We have to concede less and score more"

The man's a genius, @Gouty I'm glad he's got FA to do with my club.

Exactly, the kind of comment that fills me with alarm and how much is he paid to utter such inane "no shit Sherlock" sound bites seemingly without any idea of how to make that happen which is no surprise as he has no idea what is going wrong.

I wish I could get a bulletproof job paying millions a year where I just have to stand there and every so often say "I haven't got a clue what's going on or what I am doing".

Last edited:
"We have to concede less and score more"

The man's a genius, @Gouty I'm glad he's got FA to do with my club.

I disagree.

They need to concede more and score less.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I disagree.

They need to concede more and score less.
And you need to pee off and keep peeing off till you land back at the scouse thread.
Stay there till Sunday around fourish when you and your Scouse mates will be cordially invited back here for the warm up and subsequent piss taking and gloating which no doubt we will be on the wrong of.
So until then be a good fellow and get back to the Scouse thread.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly, the kind of comment that fills me with alarm and how much is he paid to utter such inane "no shit Sherlock" sound bites seemingly without any idea of how to make that happen which is no surprise as he has no idea what is going wrong.

I wish I could get a bulletproof job paying millions a year where I just have to stand there and every so often say "I haven't got a clue what's going on or what I am doing".
I do believe The Met Commissioner has a job like that, not quite in the same pay bracket but a good screw and she too got a contract extension.
If only I kicked a ball more instead of playing rugby and if only I worked harder at school.:(

Join the civil service.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Just remember that football is about profits, not fans.

E.g. the Glasers flogging off Utd shares when they went up after you signed Ronaldo.

Made a cool $11M IIRC?

As long as foreigners keep buying the replica kit, and Sky / BT sports / other TV channels are prepared to pay ridiculous amounts of money for TV rights than supporters will not matter a jot to the club owners.*

* A very few exceptions.

Here's how it seems to me. There are three parts to Oli's project;

1 - Objectives, presumably his bosses have given him something for this season, we don't know what they are but he has them to work towards and let's assume they are ambitious rather than "play inconsistently and not to worry about actually winning anything"

2 - Next is to figure out the problems with the team that is stopping them playing well (and consistently well) so jeopardising the objectives

3 - Finally (and this must come after step 2) figure out the plan to fix the problem, what is needed, how long it will take to put it into place and to be able to describe what difference the plan will make in actual, tangible terms, not things like "we will play with more vibrancy" or "I hope that...." or the like.

By Oli's own admission he hasn't done part 2, so the question (at the moment) for him has to be how long do you need to do that? How long will it take to fix it is part 3, that can't be done till part 2 has been completed. So putting Oli's honeymoon period aside and that leaves about 2.5 years working on trying to understand the problem. Is that long enough I wonder given that is a huge part of any manager's job.

"We have to concede less and score more," he said. "We can't just blame the defenders. We train to attack and defend as a team. Individual mistakes happen, we have to just try to understand what is wrong and do it better." It sounds so simple. But as he approaches three years in the job, Solskjaer seems no nearer finding the answers."
Your call up to the England assistant managers / manageress's job is imminent.

Just need your vital statistics for the record.

Should be a shoe in.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Should be a shoe in.
Feck off, Utd‘s need is greater.

Much greater.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Are we trying to lure the scousers into a false sense of security:???:

I suppose Olle will have a wonderful excuse if our best player is missing but I want our strongest side out there on Sunday and that obviously includes Bruno.

Should be a shoe in.

My statistics do not make me a fit person for the job, what we can see though is the need to find someone who fits the bill and is capable of working successfully through those steps. Otherwise, zilch.

Latest Threads