Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Trouble is you will probably win tonight and it’ll reset board attitudes towards OGS.

If you wan’t rid of him you need dumping out of the CL in what, on paper, is a relatively easy group.
And hopefully make such a cock up of it that we don’t qualify for The Europa League.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Then they can concentrate on winning the league. :-D:-D:-D
Concentrate on, on,oh feck I’ve lost my train of thought. Well poor Olle can dream about it and think about it all he wants but he will win nothing as a manager, nothing.
Mick McCarthy is doing his usual shit trick at Cardiff perhaps Ole will return there as their saviour? What’s that?
No they’ve seen enough and can remember enough to know what a shit Cnut he is.

And hopefully make such a cock up of it that we don’t qualify for The Europa League.

But the problem remains, who replaces OGS? Steve Bruce had an £8m break clause in his contract. If this is the way for all managers contracts you are just as likely to attract a manager who doesn’t give a fück and will be quite happy to be sacked.

It’ll be Rooney next.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
But the problem remains, who replaces OGS? Steve Bruce had an £8m break clause in his contract. If this is the way for all managers contracts you are just as likely to attract a manager who doesn’t give a fück and will be quite happy to be sacked.

It’ll be Rooney next.
The top winning managers are more interested in winning trophies.
It’s part of their ego and legacy, Jose won two and he couldn’t give a flying feck in his last season as he wasn’t backed by the board when he wanted to sell Pogba. Should have listened to him as the twat is probably leaving on a free at the end of the season.
If I were to appoint a new manager now there is only one available and that is Conte. He’d sought the players out to play for each other as a team and not a bunch of individuals.

It’s part of their ego and legacy, Jose won two and he couldn’t give a flying feck in his last season as he wasn’t backed by the board when he wanted to sell Pogba. Should have listened to him as the twat is probably leaving on a free at the end of the season.
If I were to appoint a new manager now there is only one available and that is Conte. He’d sought the players out to play for each other as a team and not a bunch of individuals.
Being serious for a minute, what exactly would attract Conte to manage your lot?

Conte is a volatile manager at best. His style of coaching is compared to Mourinho.

A quick read on him says he prefers direct and long ball football. Teams get away with that for a season in the PL and are then quickly worked out and carved up.

Like Mourinho he also struggle under media criticism.

Man U should definitely hire him.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Conte is a volatile manager at best. His style of coaching is compared to Mourinho.

A quick read on him says he prefers direct and long ball football. Teams get away with that for a season in the PL and are then quickly worked out and carved up.

Like Mourinho he also struggle under media criticism.

Man U should definitely hire him.
He won the PL and the FA Cup with Chelsea and didn’t have to bad a record.
508E740C-62B3-4EDE-8D05-ECDD04A16369.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind him for two or three seasons just to sort the shambles out on the pitch. Ie get them to play as a team not as a bunch of individuals relying on luck.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Being serious for a minute, what exactly would attract Conte to manage your lot?
Money and the fact that it is still Manchester United which joking aside you know is one of the biggest names in world football.
Jesus look what just flashed up on the telly, Solskjaers Stella record in The CL.
Another reason why this fecker should be sacked.

1A168CF6-A335-4F03-A7B2-236D2C5D5F04.jpeg

He won the PL and the FA Cup with Chelsea and didn’t have to bad a record.
View attachment 610908
I wouldn’t mind him for two or three seasons just to sort the shambles out on the pitch. Ie get them to play as a team not as a bunch of individuals relying on luck.

Yes. Go for it, it’ll be fine. You’ll do great.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes. Go for it, it’ll be fine. You’ll do great.
Better than we are now. Now pop back to the Forrest thread and we’ll talk again on Sunday.

Bloody hell the scousers are in form a good away win against Atletico Madrid, that should warm them up nicely for Sunday.
Meanwhile this evening we have Atalanta at home. Atalanta are currently 6th in the Italian league and according to some reports are missing at least four players through injury for tonight’s game so no excuses from Solskjaer tonight and nothing short of a good performance and a win will do.
I know feck all about Italian football and some say even less about English football but I’m going, based on recent form and performances for a 1-1 draw.
Moral apparently is low in the Utd camp and I wouldn’t bet against an Atalanta win, or Utd sneaking it.
We were stuffy. The sending off of Griezmann and their penalty shout being overruled by the Ref after a VAR check fell in our favour.

But we should never have surrendered a 2 goal lead anyway.

Money and the fact that it is still Manchester United which joking aside you know is one of the biggest names in world football.
Jesus look what just flashed up on the telly, Solskjaers Stella record in The CL.
Another reason why this fecker should be sacked.

View attachment 610912
Has Steve Bruce had the sack then?

No club can defend like that if they are going to win silverware and/or prevent heart attacks.

Looks like. A full 8 Million Pounds to pay off his contract in full. Easy money if you can get it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like. A full 8 Million Pounds to pay off his contract in full. Easy money if you can get it.

Yep all discussed on the Newcastle United thread, mods have moved it to Sports so watch your language.=-D

Has Steve Bruce had the sack then?

He was finished this morning with a reported £8 million pay off to lessen the pain.

I will say though, that some of the personal abuse Bruce received was shocking and uncalled for. It hit home for me when h said he was glad both parents were no longer alive to see and hear the abuse. Some of the players need to have a look in the mirror adnns ask themselves did they really do enough on the pitch?

Any way, he's gone now. The King is dead, long live the King.

Latest Threads