Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sounds like some poor sod a heart attack, wasn’t that bloody exciting.:eek:

I know this isn't the Newcastle thread, and don't want to hijack it...but. it sounds like the person who needed medical attendance has been stabilised.

Unlike the result so far for Newcastle. I think Bruce might have cleared his desk during the period of suspension.

To their new owners, welcome to the Premier League, and a long road ahead.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I also notice the Utd goal difference has been whittled down to 6 while the top three are on 13, 16 and 13 respectively. Not to worry though, Everton are only on 5 and Brighton on 3, so Utd. could overtake those two at least as they are only 1 point in front.

Mind you a Spurs win this afternoon will mean they overtake Utd but as the have a (current) goal difference of -4. They, together with Everton, Brighton and Utd. could be the gaggle fighting for the 4th place Champions League slot or 5th place spot for the Europa League come the end of the season. Not much point in pondering which of the current top 3 Utd any of this lot could overtake of course.

I don't think you'll be overtaking anybody unless you can persuade your attacking players to put a defensive shift in occasionally. Whenever Leicester had the ball, they just seemed to be wandering about waiting for the rest of the team to do something about it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think you'll be overtaking anybody unless you can persuade your attacking players to put a defensive shift in occasionally. Whenever Leicester had the ball, they just seemed to be wandering about waiting for the rest of the team to do something about it.
Overtaking? After the Geordies let me down Spurs are now above us. :pissedoff:
97DED784-61F1-486B-B961-34A2A273B214.jpeg

The B’s are only just behind us and The Mighty Hammers are level on points, gawd Knows where we will be after the the next three fictures.

Overtaking? After the Geordies let me down Spurs are now above us. :pissedoff:
View attachment 610468
The B’s are only just behind us and The Mighty Hammers are level on points, gawd Knows where we will be after the the next three fictures.
Are fictures the same as dentures...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Are fictures the same as dentures...
Feck I can’t even blame spell checker:-D
We may well indeed be well and truly fractured or indeed fecked.:slow:

B42T

LE
Up The Hammers:1: Well ever since @Old Stab called me Alf Garnett I’ve had no option but to keep an eye on their results and what a great result and performance it was beating the toffees 0-1.

Alf Garnett was a fictional character p!ayed by Warren Mitchell who was a Tottenham supporter.

That should give you a few more heart palpitations :-D

Wow what a start, wonder what @rockape623 thinks of that?
Well, what a start indeed, Callum Wilson after just two minutes. The noise in the ground was immense, the feeling of euphoria spread around the ground. But with sixteen minutes on the clock, we were brought back down to earth and it was all down hill after that. Tottenham aren't that good, but we were terrible, bloody terrible. A huge clear out is needed, beginning with that perennial ******** Shelvey, twat that he is.
This is going to be a long haul and I'll still kéep the faith for now but more performances like this and I'll save my money for the Falcons rugby.
By the way, the chap who suffered a heart attack is in the cardiac unit and comfortable at the RVI. However, it took an absolute age to get a defibrillator to him on the far side of the ground, nearly fifteen minutes. I thought after Eriksons brush with death at the Euros, this type of equipment was to be found easily at all grounds.....obviously not.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, what a start indeed, Callum Wilson after just two minutes. The noise in the ground was immense, the feeling of euphoria spread around the ground. But with sixteen minutes on the clock, we were brought back down to earth and it was all down hill after that. Tottenham aren't that good, but we were terrible, bloody terrible. A huge clear out is needed, beginning with that perennial ******** Shelvey, twat that he is.
This is going to be a long haul and I'll still kéep the faith for now but more performances like this and I'll save my money for the Falcons rugby.
By the way, the chap who suffered a heart attack is in the cardiac unit and comfortable at the RVI. However, it took an absolute age to get a defibrillator to him on the far side of the ground, nearly fifteen minutes. I thought after Eriksons brush with death at the Euros, this type of equipment was to be found easily at all grounds.....obviously not.
i didn’t watch the second half (fell asleep in the chair),:sleepy:but Shelvey is a dirty clumsy twat who really should be playing in League 1 at best.
Hopefully the fan will make a full recovery.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Try relegated.

With any luck.
By December? I’m not sure even Solskjaer could manage that. Norwich and Burnley better get on a damn good run let alone Newcastle.and Leeds.

Well in that case I have a new objective for Utd's 2021/2022 season, to come top, yes top, of the second half of the table that is.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Bloody hell the scousers are in form a good away win against Atletico Madrid, that should warm them up nicely for Sunday.
Meanwhile this evening we have Atalanta at home. Atalanta are currently 6th in the Italian league and according to some reports are missing at least four players through injury for tonight’s game so no excuses from Solskjaer tonight and nothing short of a good performance and a win will do.
I know feck all about Italian football and some say even less about English football but I’m going, based on recent form and performances for a 1-1 draw.
Moral apparently is low in the Utd camp and I wouldn’t bet against an Atalanta win, or Utd sneaking it.

Bloody hell the scousers are in form a good away win against Atletico Madrid, that should warm them up nicely for Sunday.
Meanwhile this evening we have Atalanta at home. Atalanta are currently 6th in the Italian league and according to some reports are missing at least four players through injury for tonight’s game so no excuses from Solskjaer tonight and nothing short of a good performance and a win will do.
I know feck all about Italian football and some say even less about English football but I’m going, based on recent form and performances for a 1-1 draw.
Moral apparently is low in the Utd camp and I wouldn’t bet against an Atalanta win, or Utd sneaking it.

I won't be watching but hope for a good result. What will be of specific interest beyond the scoreline will be performance (team and individual) and also the overall demeanour, will they have an air or defeat and sullenness or will it be spirited and looking like they are in a good frame of mind. This to me is a primary indication of the mood of things, a good mood being an indicator of optimism and a defeated mood being a sign of collapse.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I won't be watching but hope for a good result. What will be of specific interest beyond the scoreline will be performance (team and individual) and also the overall demeanour, will they have an air or defeat and sullenness or will it be spirited and looking like they are in a good frame of mind. This to me is a primary indication of the mood of things, a good mood being an indicator of optimism and a defeated mood being a sign of collapse.
I won’t be watching due to it being shown on BT Sports. Lose this and we are out of The CL no doubt about that and with the scousers looming we just might be in line for an early Christmas present.

Trouble is you will probably win tonight and it’ll reset board attitudes towards OGS.

If you wan’t rid of him you need dumping out of the CL in what, on paper, is a relatively easy group.

Latest Threads