Manchester United FC

If I were he’d be back in Norway with a sore arse!
I see your lot and City showed how it should be done in Europe.
Only just. But yes we did, thanks for the compliment...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Some woeful defending by us tonight, Ake is really poor at picking up his man, Pep will not be happy with that performance from a defensive aspect.
At least you have a coach who knows how tactics work, no doubt he’ll sort that out.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Only just. But yes we did, thanks for the compliment...
You deserve it a win against an in form Milan is nothing to be sneezed at.
I’m just so pissed off at Solskjaer, he hasn’t learned anything and we were totally outplayed before the sending off even though we were a goal up and Young Boys played us off the park, look at he stats and all he says is the sending off changed things.
Look how Chelsea performed against you when down to 10.
Thats the difference between these clubs, coaches.
I‘ll say it now we have a wonderful squad but the coach is out of his depth we will win nothing with this joker. Someone on Stretty News wrote that it’s akin to a horse racing trainer having Mill Reef Brigadier Gerard, Red Rum etc but the stable jockey is Big Daddy, ie you‘re fecked before the season starts.

Last edited:
How is Sancho getting on? City got rid when he complained about how much playing time he would get (he was 17 at the time) Pep had only been there a season by then, apparently he wasn't happy with Pep's answer and missed training and 'tried to engineer a move away' The manager and the chairman were in agreement and told him to go forth and multiply to Dortmund (with a sell on clause) Allegedly he can be a right stroppy cvnt.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
How is Sancho getting on? City got rid when he complained about how much playing time he would get (he was 17 at the time) Pep had only been there a season by then, apparently he wasn't happy with Pep's answer and missed training and 'tried to engineer a move away' The manager and the chairman were in agreement and told him to go forth and multiply to Dortmund (with a sell on clause) Allegedly he can be a right stroppy cvnt.
Read my posts before we got him.
In a nutshell I thought and wondered what all the fuss was about. Ok he apparantly played well in the German league but any video clips can make you look good.
I was nervous and said so when he couldn’t start for England, baring in mind how wonderful everyone kept telling me he was.
Since he has been with us I have seen nothing and I mean nothing that tells me he’s worth the money, I know its early but I’m sorry if someone costs that much and is getting paid as much as they say then he should hit the ground running, and he isn’t.
Now saying all that Solskjaer hadn’t played him on the right, can you believe that? He might have last night but as it was on BT Sports I didn’t watch it and just read the reports.
So to summarise, Solskjaer play him on the right and let’s see if he can do what we brought him to Utd for because to date I’ve not seen anything that excites me.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Stop moanining Pep, if you wanted a full stadium you should have listened to Alex.

Dear God imagine what we could have achieved with him, I suppose we’ll still be waiting for another CL though.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
******* hell Sancho not even in the first 11, does Solskjaer know what he’s doing?

He and the club went all out for this player,” it’s just what we are missing”.
Hmm.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
An interesting first half and the teams are well matched, some better finishing by West Ham and Dea Gea would be the busier keeper.
I have a question, whose the better winger Sancho or Greenwood?
Let me rephrase, if we are playing Greenwood out wide why buy an expensive sub we have plenty of those already, wouldn’t it have been better to buy a proper solid midfielder so we could put Fred on the bench?
Ronaldo doesn’t look a day over 30.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What a goal by Jesse Lingard 1-2, bloody fantastic goal by the lad.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Shit I think the mighty hammers have a penalty.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And Moyes has out thought himself, brings on Noble to take a penalty that De Gea SAVES 1-2 :numberone:

Lost our way a bit there. Too much fanny football across the back, pointless little passes without pace or purpose. Everyone just taking that one second longer to move the ball and getting caught on it.

Should have had a pen for that last one on Ronny, but really should have put the game to bed by the hour mark.

Still - cracking goal for Jesse and a decent save from DDG. Three points at the Hammers, I'll take that.

Last edited:
Without wishing to jinx things, next up is home to Villa while Chelsea are home to City, so three points for Utd and however the points spread in the other game that all helps.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh please, you’ll get no sympathy from me now you‘re fit feck off and earn your money, bloody leech

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Without wishing to jinx things, next up is home to Villa while Chelsea are home to City, so three points for Utd and however the points spread in the other game that all helps.
Villa looked very impressive and their coach has done an excellent job in replacing Grealish, I’m certainly not counting my chickens.

Villa looked very impressive and their coach has done an excellent job in replacing Grealish, I’m certainly not counting my chickens.

Certainly not counting chickens, it is about now he has the players he wanted we need to see performances that are worthy of Utd. The result may go against Utd (anything can happen) but to me the measure of progress for a team aspiring to be top flight is a team that plays like champions week in and week out. If we are not seeing this then what has been happening during his tenure?

I know I wouldn't get three years and a bundle of cash in a job only to have not done the business, you want to occupy the chair then you better look like you belong there.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Certainly not counting chickens, it is about now he has the players he wanted we need to see performances that are worthy of Utd. The result may go against Utd (anything can happen) but to me the measure of progress for a team aspiring to be top flight is a team that plays like champions week in and week out. If we are not seeing this then what has been happening during his tenure?

I know I wouldn't get three years and a bundle of cash in a job only to have not done the business, you want to occupy the chair then you better look like you belong there.
Well I think you know why I’m not counting my chickens :slow:.
Three points flattered us today, a draw would have been a fairer result but always nice to beat West Ham away, so I’ll take it. Just not so confident for the Villa match.

I think you were a bit stuffy today. Ronaldo making all the difference. What were you doing before you bought him? Have to be careful you don't become a one man team in case he gets injured. At 36 it is only a matter of time.

And that stone wall penalty for West Ham. What on earth was Moyes thinking about. Did he not learn anything from the England fiasco at the Euros? Bringing on substitutes to take penalties does not work. FFS what was he thinking about.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you were a bit stuffy today. Ronaldo making all the difference. What were you doing before you bought him? Have to be careful you don't become a one man team in case he gets injured. At 36 it is only a matter of time.

And that stone wall penalty for West Ham. What on earth was Moyes thinking about. Did he not learn anything from the England fiasco at the Euros? Bringing on substitutes to take penalties does not work. FFS what was he thinking about.
As I said he out thought himself. I was very confident that he’d miss it and couldn’t believe our luck.
The kick itself was telegraphed and a lovely height for the keeper who for once stayed still and kept his eye on the ball and moved when he saw where the ball was heading in the end it was an easy save.
Yes Ronaldo looks the business, hope he does stay injury free, wish I could say the same about Sancho, Christ not even starting I wonder why?

Latest Threads