Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Manchester United and the SAS

Just read through a thread on a popular Rangers forum about the time Manchester United visited the SAS not long after their relocation and Roy Keane's reaction.

"The squad/staff (man united) were took on a hush hush tour of the new SAS base in Hereford years ago when it relocated.

When they got there he refused point blank to get off the coach and was ordered to but stuck to his guns.

I am paraphrasing but words were along lines of "butchers gang of murderers etc"

A poster later in the thread says its unlikely that Manchester United and SAS got together. Anyone got clue if they did?

Goram beliefs meant he never spoke to Roy Keane

Sounds like made-up rubbish to me.
If he didn't want to get off the coach, having arrived there, why would he have boarded the coach in the first place?

I can remember reading a resettlement magazine about a course for close protection. The course was run from a private company, hiring offices and suites out of Old Trafford, and the advert boasted that the instructors were ex-SAS and ex-RMP.

I can remember reading a resettlement magazine about a course for close protection. The course was run from a private company, hiring offices and suites out of Old Trafford, and the advert boasted that the instructors were ex-SAS and ex-RMP.

I have attended meet and greets, show and tell’s and one week long conference at at least half a dozen stadiums/footie grounds. Hiring rooms and offices at one means nothing really.

COPEX used to happen in the Sandown racecourse stand building, as did Barons car auctions and the site is a fave movie location to depict airport departure areas.