manchester police

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hemingway, Sep 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is it just me or are they total mongs.

i for one would rather die than watch a 10 year old child drown and not do anything

they should be sacked and thrown in the middle of the atlantic

they didnt have the training? neither have i - so what!!!

these are the same idiots who wont climb a ladder without health and safety training!!!!

they havent had training in how to sit outside mcdonalds all night and do **** all either - but they make a pretty good effort at it!!!!

they are total nobs!!

2. msr

msr LE

3. Talking about this last night. Although the two PCSO's did it by the H&S book, I could not have stood by and watch a young kid dying, literally, to save his sister.

Sometimes life hands you difficult choices to make, occasionally called George Cross moments, when the wrong choice is to do nothing.

I have said already that PCSOs have a role as intelligence gatherers, and also think that they could be made to handle some of the paperwork that keeps real bobbies of the streets. GMP have, without fail, let me down each time I have jad dealings with them, and my opinion of them is lower than a snail's arrse.

4. msr

msr LE

5. Just remind me what the P in PCSO stands for....
    http://www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/pages/pcsohome.htm

6. So they have Coppers now, who are not actually coppers (looking at the Link above)?
    Go on amaze me and tell me who had THIS bright idea (I bet the lot on HM Treasury)?

7. I'm led to believe that the 'problem' is: ' 'Elf & Safety''.

If you dive in to save a child and fail in the attempt, you are quite likely, in Bliar's Blasted Britain, to be charged with manslaughter.

Policing on the cheap, but it does release 'real' police to do their PAPER-WORK!

8. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

i can't believe this ... and i can't understand how one can stand by not doing anything at all

poor brave kid - poor parents - all my sympathy to them

9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Saw a convoy of GMP bringing someone to Horseferry Road on Tuesday... I have not a clue who it was...

By the way I think that from reports they didn't stand by and watch...

10. They may not have been Police Officers, but GMP have attempted to justify the actions of the PCSO's by saying that they were not trained for water rescues.

I don't think this is justifiable. Its not about training, or rules and regulations, its about a young human life and therefore all the aforementioned should have gone out the window if shear human decency and moral fibre had taken over.

The only excuse they had was if they could not swim a stoke. This is clearly not the case as it would have been mentioned already.

In a word the PCSOs were COWARDS.

11. David Blunkett.

Need I say any more? :evil:

12. Please tell me it was Taz_786 being charged with being a jihad walt...

13. I understand the hurt and disbelief amongst the members of this site, who have read about the tragic loss of a young one, who drowned in a desperate attempt to save his sister.

It seems to me, albeit looking from the outside, as well as an uninformed individual, that some people are being less than unfair.

The media as a whole have an interest in selling newspapers, the best way to do that in my mind, is to gravitate towards the lowest common denominator.

In this case, PCSO's, who are, lets be honest not that popular to begin with.

They are in the first instance seen as an 'underclass public servant' designed to be a cheap option to replace the Police Service.

I defy anyone, from whatever background, not to intervene or make an attempt to save a drowning child. Despite health and safety rules.

Having seen the numerous news reports, which each differ, they either refused to act, or they arrived to find the boy had disappeared under the water.

Whatever happened, none of us, unless you would like to dispute me, were there to see what actually happened.

I would hope we, military and ex military have the foresight and hindsight to realise that not everything that we see is what it seems.

If they did refuse to act, when the boy was in view, they deserve to be condemned.

I for one was not there. I do take the view that there is a political reason for not liking this particular arm of the police service, so it serves them well to dish up any dirt, were they can to discredit this profession. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer more police officers, but most, if not all of these individuals are as equally motivated.

Regardless I would like to offer my condolences to the familly concerned.