Manchester on a Tuesday night

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Once again I've got a midweek meeting in an unfamiliar town. Any recommendations for food/drink/entertainment on a Tuesday night? Any ARRSErs up for a meet on 14 May?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Once again I've got a midweek meeting in an unfamiliar town. Any recommendations for food/drink/entertainment on a Tuesday night? Any ARRSErs up for a meet on 14 May?
Might slide down for a half if you want. I'm only up the road in Rammy.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Oh Canal st of course it's great fun.
In my company was a, apparently straight, subbie who swore by canal st as a place to pull (birds).

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
In my company was a, apparently straight, subbie who swore by canal st as a place to pull (birds).
Funnily enough, my town local is on Canal st, my mate owns Taurus, one of the bars down there... it's one of the very much mixed bars rather than a screamers joint. Haven't pulled in there, but it's a place I take the crew if we shoot in Mancs. The models all love it.

Gay bars are usually heaving with totty.

Not in my experience, having done the doors on various clubs in Liverpool, the gay bars (particularly G-bar) always had the best totty in. Some nights it would be about 50% straight birds, 40% gay men and the rest, clever blokes and dykes.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Not in my experience, having done the doors on various clubs in Liverpool, the gay bars (particularly G-bar) always had the best totty in. Some nights it would be about 50% straight birds, 40% gay men and the rest, clever blokes and dykes.
Can't say I go clubbing down there. Generally go see my mate late afternoon/early evening or take a lass for a night out... in either case, I'll head on before it gets too rowdy, either to a restaurant, the Printworks or home, depending but the demographic seems to be blokes or couples generally, with a few lezzers and trannies chucked into the mix. From talking to characters there, I don't think they encourage big groups of girls because they get a bit touchy about being a novelty... certainly, they hate hen parties.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I went there once with a colleague a guy tried chatting up my colleague, i'd only gone for a piss, his advances resulted in her twatting him.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Now arrived at my hotel in the city centre. Drivers_Lag, PM sent. Anyone else around for a pint or 2?

Try any pub in Moss Side, but only if you've packed your Osprey!

Oh Canal st of course it's great fun.
New York New York or Rembrandts?

Once did a gig in NYNY Compared it with a chap called MR Anaconda. I Didn't compare if you get my drift!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It's ******* ****. The shining beacon apart from Queer Bar is Via Fossa where I've had the pleasure of a bear like punter bedecked in denim chaps sticking his furry tongue down my throat :)
Sounds like you had a great time. I bet you complained bitterly to your mates but popped back on your own repeatedly.

Wasn't me was it?

As a former student of the area, I can confirm that Canal St is the easiest place to pull birds in the whole City.

Why? Because fag hags always want a bit of straight rod after they have fired half a dozen Bacardi Breezers down range with their gay mates. Step forward those who are cool with bummers, but still straight to pick up the slag smashing mantle.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
If your name is Steve and you were crap with a map and compass, then it might be you.