Manchester on a Tuesday night

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by napier, May 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Once again I've got a midweek meeting in an unfamiliar town. Any recommendations for food/drink/entertainment on a Tuesday night? Any ARRSErs up for a meet on 14 May?
  2. Oh Canal st of course it's great fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Might slide down for a half if you want. I'm only up the road in Rammy.
  4. napier

In my company was a, apparently straight, subbie who swore by canal st as a place to pull (birds).
  5. Good night out.
  6. Funnily enough, my town local is on Canal st, my mate owns Taurus, one of the bars down there... it's one of the very much mixed bars rather than a screamers joint. Haven't pulled in there, but it's a place I take the crew if we shoot in Mancs. The models all love it.
  7. Gay bars are usually heaving with totty.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Myth.
  9. Clapton's on at the Arena.
  10. Not in my experience, having done the doors on various clubs in Liverpool, the gay bars (particularly G-bar) always had the best totty in. Some nights it would be about 50% straight birds, 40% gay men and the rest, clever blokes and dykes.
  11. Can't say I go clubbing down there. Generally go see my mate late afternoon/early evening or take a lass for a night out... in either case, I'll head on before it gets too rowdy, either to a restaurant, the Printworks or home, depending but the demographic seems to be blokes or couples generally, with a few lezzers and trannies chucked into the mix. From talking to characters there, I don't think they encourage big groups of girls because they get a bit touchy about being a novelty... certainly, they hate hen parties.
  12. I went there once with a colleague a guy tried chatting up my colleague, i'd only gone for a piss, his advances resulted in her twatting him.
  13. napier

Now arrived at my hotel in the city centre. Drivers_Lag, PM sent. Anyone else around for a pint or 2?
  14. Try any pub in Moss Side, but only if you've packed your Osprey!
  15. New York New York or Rembrandts?

Once did a gig in NYNY Compared it with a chap called MR Anaconda. I Didn't compare if you get my drift!