Manchester indoor ski centre

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by biffins-bridge, Mar 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After banging on to the wife about my Franz Klammeresque skiing prowess she bought me a voucher for the Manchester Chillfactor indoor skiing centre for my birthday.

The last time I went skiing was about 20 years ago on snowqueen, so I'm thinking of doing a lesson before I have a go at free skiing again otherwise there is a real risk of either looking a knobb, killing myself or killing someone else.

I want to get the best from the day and It's quite pricey for lessons so I'd appreciate any top tips about the best lesson to go for, the best day/time to go etc. from anyone who's been recently.
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have spent a lot of time at the Milton Keynes one. I believe the Manchester one is owned by the same people so I assume it is fairly similar. They do Forces discount, a generous 20% I believe, or at least it used to be.

They do loads of different lesson packages but your best bet is to phone them, have a chat and explain your previous skiing experience. They will tailor a lesson for you, if you are having an individual one or they will put you with other people of similar abilities if you are going for a group lesson.

Enjoy it, it's a good laugh.
  3. I aint got a clue about tips but went there last month really big place had a good day aswell.
  4. Thanks mate, I'll give them a bell. Don't think I can get forces discount as I left 14 years ago unless I modify my library card to look like an MOD 90!!
  5. While your there go next door on the wind tunnel £40 for 2 mins