Manchester grenade attack.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

That's disgusting what is the government going to do about it. I think they should make hand grenades and machine pistols illegal immed..... Oh they are already, gun crime on the decrease folks nothing to see here, carry on!

• Like Like x 5
  2. theres been a few grens recovered by north/west coppers lately, like the one found on a wall in liverpool, all of new manufacture and British Army issue...

so the real question is, whos the f**king idiot and naughty boy in green pinching and selling them on to criminal mates?

3. The Kings Regiment has been amalgamated into 2 Lanc's, so lots of scallies to choose from still?

• Like Like x 1
  4. There has been at least one squaddie convicted and sent down for selling grenades at about £ 250.00 each. There have also been a few Brngs gone walkies.

5. It's been happening for years, ammo being snaffled from ranges. As an Ammo Tech we can declare ammo expended or destroyed on a single signature, do it would be easy to have dodgy dealings.

6. HHH

HHH LE

How much for a grenade then? :)

7. fu2

fu2 LE

I am shocked. They were white !!!!!

8. Almost completely unrelated, but after leaving the Army I found a handful of 5.56 in the back pocket of a daysack.

Didn't know what to do. The Police can get weird about that sort of thing and I had visions of them ending up in the wrong hands or going off in the bin lorry if I'd chucked them. Not the sort if thing you want lying around the house either.

Handed them in at a TA centre in the end.

9. Grenade attacks aren't as uncommon as you would think.
    There have been quite a few over the last few years, the Balkans are a common source too apparently.

10. Certainly did in Australia!

Terror arms soldier Shane Della-Vedova jailed | thetelegraph.com.au

Sold 10 x 66mm to bikie gangs!

11. Probably some rat boy Chav who joined up and, seeing an opportunity to make some cash, handed some over to his former rat boy Chav mates from his old massiv like innit?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

12. Criminals in the 2 Lancs.........heaven forfend!!!!!!!!!! Not those lovely lads who once owned and ran Paderborn like a progressive Islamic republic.......

The police, I suspect, should be looking for a violent gay Kingo from the Whalley range, or Stockport area, whose name contains any combination of the names: Desmond Dexie Domenyk Damian Lattlay Fottfoy Berry Devaney Edward Duggan Noonan.

Now that can't be too hard now can it?

• Like Like x 2
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

To be honest its a pity we havent thought of a more useful and worthwhile means of using up these old grenades other than letting kiddies hand them into police stations just to see the desk sgt flap. We need an olympic grenade throwing competition which of course will have to include a freestyle gangsta stylee section.

• Like Like x 1