Manchester Burns

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by indoubitabley, Apr 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Proof that God is an Everton Fan (If needed).

Manchester Burns

According to statistics that I've just made up, The fire caused almost £100,00 worth of improvements to Manchester City Centre.
  2. Chief Fire Officers initial report indicates the fire was started by a discarded cigarette igniting the Dust in City's trophy Cabinet....
  3. A pile of recently returned Chelsea shirts spontaneously combusted.
  4. msr

msr LE

At 05:54 on Monday 30 September a fire hit Manchester city centre, UK, causing untold disruption and distress - many were woken well before their Giro arrived.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costas were damaged.

Three areas of historic and scientifically significant litter were disturbed.

Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in the Northern Quarter.

One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-three said:

"It was such a shock, little Chantal-Leanne came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Trisha the next morning."

Apparently though, looting did carry on as normal.

The British Red Cross have so far managed to ship 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area, to help the stricken masses.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos.

* £2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four.
    * £10 can take a family to Stourport for the day, where children can play on an unspoiled canal bank among the national collection of stinging nettles.
    * 22p buys a Biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim

Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest!

If you prefer to donate cash, there are collection points available at your local branches of Argos, Iceland and Clinton Cards.
  5. "The aircraft's engines are designed to cope with bird strikes but because this case involved two very large birds being sucked in at once there were problems."

Surely they should have expected it. Lanzarote is a well known migratory destination for large birds...
  6. Proof that sh1t does burn!
  7. don't forget roasted :D
  8. Sour grapes fella. When you're beaten, you're beaten, just ask FLT LT Nichol.
  9. Not sour grapes.

(If it was, I'd talk about Fergie post dating Howards transfer paperwork, having 2/3 of our big players injured and a Ex Man Yoo player putting into his own net)
  10. Im not near there and got the afternoon off as a result!
  11. Pity it didn't spread to Old Trafford.. :wink: