Manchester Airport to run dry about.... NOW!

Checking the googley maps.

At about 30 miles, why isn't fuel pumped via a pipeline? Or taken by dedicated rail systlem?

Manchester is supplied by pipeline so the tanker thing is a load of bollox.

Manchester is supplied by pipeline so the tanker thing is a load of bollox.
Is it? How else would you get fuel from a different refinery if the Stanlow problem isn't resolved? EFHE from Eastham?

I know the transport bit isn't a problem at the moment, exceptt he speed it would take a tanker to get to the airport I suppose.

Just thinking of how many 70 mile round trips are needed, and the tankers required to keep Manchester topped up.

Would there be any dramas in putting in a pipeline or train system? ie fire issues? Could we end up with a 30mile long flare?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I know the transport bit isn't a problem at the moment, exceptt he speed it would take a tanker to get to the airport I suppose.

Just thinking of how many 70 mile round trips are needed, and the tankers required to keep Manchester topped up.

Would there be any dramas in putting in a pipeline or train system? ie fire issues? Could we end up with a 30mile long flare?
1million litres a day it just said on news.

Always knew my TFHE module would come in useful. Am presenting myself to be mobilised. Coming from Ellesmere Port I know where the refinery is and I've flown from the airport too.

I am sure that as soon as the bits are put in place I can drive down the M56 to a heroes welcome. The CAA are bound to trust my module received in an alcohol induced haze on a Sunday morning in Ripon so fear not holiday makers .......

1million litres a day it just said on t'news
Fixed it for thee, say ta to the mister.