Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Manchester 20 Sep Labour Conference, Stop the War, CND & BMI

Looks like Manchester could be the place to be this Saturday.

Below the latest from Stop the War, about forthcoming protest at the Labour Party Conference in Manchester (20 Sep).

Given that the coalition includes CND and the British Muslim Initiative, will it turn violent? :D

Any predictions for:

a) Number of protesters (according to STW)
b) Number of protesters (according to Labour Party spokesman)
c) How many arrests will be made

September 20th: Stop The War Coalition Demonstration in Manchester
Thursday, September 11th, 2008

What will British foreign secretary David Miliband say in his speech to Labour’s annual conference in Manchester? It’s all too predictable. ‘We’ are ‘winning’ in Iraq, making ‘progress’ in Afghanistan, defending ‘democracy’ in Georgia, confronting Iran to protect world ’security’ and waging endless war against ‘global terrorism’. ‘We’ stand “shoulder to shoulder” with George Bush and whoever his successor may be in following slavishly wherever US foreign policy takes ‘us’.

There will be no place in Miliband’s speech for the views of the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran and anywhere else that the Bush wars have brought, or threaten to bring, mass slaughter and destruction. Only last weekend a mass demonstration of Iraqis took to the streets of Baghdad to call for all foreign troops to get out of Iraq, confirming country wide polls which show this to be the view of an overwhelming majority.

And David Miliband will not have a word to say about the large majorities in both Britain and the United States who have consistently opposed the warmongering carried out in their name and insisted that the US and British troops all be withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan.

David Miliband, Gordon Brown and the rest of the Labour government, who have so seamlessly adopted the war policies of Tony Blair, hope that the ever dutiful mainstream media will help delude people in this country into believing that ‘we’ are ‘winning’ and making ‘progress’ in our support for illegal invasions.

This is why Stop the War, the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament and the British Muslim Initiative are organising a demonstration at the Labour Party conference in Manchester on Saturday 20 September, to ensure that the voice of the anti-war majority that opposes the government’s warmongering is prominently represented.

Please publicise the details of the demonstration as widely as you can and join us in Manchester on 20 September.

Leaflets are available for downloading or from the Stop the War national office. Transport details for protestors travelling to Manchester from outside London are available on the Stop the war website or by calling 020 7278 6694.

MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD - STOP THE SPREAD OF WAR DEMONSTRATE AT THE LABOUR PARTY CONFERENCE SATURDAY 20 SEPTEMBER: ASSEMBLE 12.30PM, ALL SAINTS, MANCHESTER M15

TRANSPORT DETAILS: See http://tinyurl.com/696px8 or call 020 7278 6694 LEAFLETS: Call 020 7278 6694 or download at http://www.stopwar.org.uk

Man, I wish they had webcams on the helmets of the TSG boys. Or a baton cams. A decent hippy/jihadi apologist/'death to infdels' shoeing live feed would really brighten up my afternoon at work. Christ, I would even PAY to watch it.

ABrighter2006 said:
Any predictions for:

a) Number of protesters (according to STW)
b) Number of protesters (according to Labour Party spokesman)
c) How many arrests will be made

a) STW will claim every able-bodied person in the UK apart from the Cabinet were there.
b) Labour spokesthings will claim nobody was.
c)The police will claim the numbers of demonstrators exactly matched the ratio of crowd/police laid out in their procedures when compared to busies on the ground. And that everybody was enjoying the kittens and party hats handed out by the police until the nasty old terrorist pensioner started threatening democracy by calling Jack Straw's speech 'rubbish'.

Command_doh said:
Man, I wish they had webcams on the helmets of the TSG boys. Or a baton cams. A decent hippy/jihadi apologist/'death to infdels' shoeing live feed would really brighten up my afternoon at work. Christ, I would even PAY to watch it.

It would be as nothing compared to the shoeing Cyclops will be getting inside the conference centre.

With any luck, he'll finally snap and his political career will end with the Downing Street staff psychologist (they employed one a couple of months ago) chasing a naked Cyclops through the streets of Manchester as the PM cries 'It's all down to international events that are beyond my control'.