Man wanted to get out of work, torches nuclear attack sub USS MIAMI

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Jul 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dont be silly
  2. Nope, 'uman rights, innit!

The UK has to leave the European Council for the death penalty to be bought back.
  3. Thanks for that. I've never visited that part of ARRSE before. Must make a desktop icon for it.

About setting fire to HM Dockyard being the only hanging offence left on the books:

That info was told to me by the curator of the Black Museum - now known as The Crime Museum - at Scotland Yard when displaying the "next" noose to be used. But that was a very long time ago and in the happier days of pre-Eu and pre-'uman Rights.

"By the way. This noose is coated with teflon. Can anyone of you say why?"

No response from the group.

"It's to prevent ropeburn."

4. The Emperor Mong is strong in this one.
  5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Following the abolition of the death penalty for murder, the House of Commons held a vote during each subsequent parliament until 1997 to restore the death penalty. This motion was always defeated, but the death penalty still remained for other crimes:

1. causing a fire or explosion in a naval dockyard, ship, magazine or warehouse (until 1971);
    2. espionage[SUP][12][/SUP] (until 1981);
    3. piracy with violence (until 1998);
    4. treason (until 1998); and
    5. certain purely military offences under the jurisdiction of the armed forces, such as mutiny[SUP][13][/SUP] (until 1998). Prior to its complete abolition in 1998, it was available for six offences:
      1. serious misconduct in action;
      2. assisting the enemy;
      3. obstructing operations;
      4. giving false air signals;
      5. mutiny or incitement to mutiny; and
      6. failure to suppress a mutiny with intent to assist the enemy.
    However no executions were carried out in the United Kingdom for any of these offences, after the abolition of the death penalty for murder.
    Nevertheless, there remained a working gallows at HMP Wandsworth, London, until 1994, which was tested every six months until 1992. This gallows is now housed in the Galleries of Justice in Nottingham.[SUP][/SUP]

6. Do you still wear that soft helmet thingy around the house......?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I,ve heard that firing HM Dockyards, Piracy on the High Seas and Rick Burning (Yes, Rick Burning), are still on the books as Capital Offences carrying the Death Penalty.
  8. As previously mentioned, they were until 1998.
  9. "A civilian employee set a fire that caused $400 million in damage to a Navy submarine because he was suffering from anxiety and wanted to get out of work early,"

Fucking nails ! The worse I've done is top decked the executive toilet cisterns.