Man Utd Doomed ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by semper, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Glazier aka "The Leprachaun" is about to buy up Man utd if successful he will transfer all his debt into it and guess who is paying for it.
    the ticket prices will go up etc.
    i amnot a manchester supportet , the implication is however worrying, if i was a Man Utd supporter would refuse to support (Finance) Glazier spectulating and switch my allegence to another club.
    the whole business leaves a nasty taste in the mouth as other clubs may not be safe.
  2. The price of floating the club on the market. Quick little cash grab but now in the brown stuff. Joy.
  3. Couldn't have wished it on a better team

Hope the prices at SCUM triple!!!
  4. The only comfort I take is that it will dawn on supporters that this has been brought about by Sir Alex himself.

He picked a fight with the Mick gambling fraternity, and they bought his company to show him who was king with the cash. Having rubbed his nose in it they sell off at a profit to show him that he's even smaller than he had now realised.

And remember, Ferguson didn't sell his shares to either party, it was those partaking of Prawn cocktails and/or Boddingtons. Loyal Fergie men to a ... well, to a point where they can make money.

I'm a Spurs man myself, and remember (Saint) Keith Burkinshaw's parting comment (upon resigning having won EUFA Cup) - "I remember when this was a football club". And things will get worse for many clubs .... oh what a positive mood I'm in !.
  5. Scum was always gonna be the main target, you can put prices up, cut investment on players and still get the stadium full of 'fans'.
  6. What are the fans winging about? The bloke may be a nerd, but he's also a business man. He wants to market the club world wide and it may bring in loads more money. Businessmen don't usually spend a fortune to buy their way in to something to make it worse and lose any profit involved. They'd be more likely to build it up and then sell it at a profit.

That said, if you make your club a public company in order to cash in on your success, you can't complain when somebody buys shares and gets control can you? What else did you think was going to happen?
  7. Daily Telegraph Opinion - I feel for the fans… in Florida

8. As a septic living in Tampa, FL...well about 5 minutes west of, I can tell you that Glazer will not only raise you're ticket prices he will also want a new state of the art stadium built at taxpayers expense and if you don't do as he says he'll threaten to move the team. :D :D :D

Never trust a man that can't grow a proper beard...not to mention owns trailer parks 8O
  9. Being not only a Manc but a Manchester City fan i am loving it.

Like other people have said they have brought it on themselves by putting the club on the market to make easy money.

The best bit is listening to the Scum fans making up reasons for why its happening and what they are going to do about it. 3 words of advice.

I might pop round to my uncles house and ask him if hes going to get his manchester united tattoo removed and start coming to the MCFC games with me and my dad (his brother)
  10. Liverpool fan here who still hasn't stopped laughing.
  11. I've signed the "We support Malcom Glazer" petition.. Personally as an Arsenal fan, I can't see what the problem is

12. I was at the City V Boro game yesterday and there was loads of city fans with USA flags and t shirts saying "Malcolm Glazier is a blue, He hates united
  13. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

the story in the paper this morning saying that he has bought the club/sh1t hole made me laugh for hours , actually iam still laughing :lol:

arsenal we do ..............
    p.s. mongoose can you stick my name on that petition mate. :D
  14. Loved the penalty, no suprise that Fowler is ex-Liverpool :twisted:
  15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Best news I've had in months! Hope the MANC scum end up in the Conference!