Man Up and Step Up

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Track_Link, Sep 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lawyers for a US man on death row say they will try to halt a second attempt at his execution by lethal injection.

On Tuesday the execution of Romell Broom was called off and delayed for a week after Ohio state officials failed to find a vein.

Lawyer Tim Sweeney said Broom had "sustained both physical and mental injuries" during the attempt. Witnesses said he had been distressed and appeared to cry.

He told his lawyers he had been pricked by the needle up to 18 times, the Associated Press news agency reports.

All seems quite harsh.. Until you read this bit..

Romell Broom has been sentenced to die for the rape and murder of 14-year-old Tryna Middleton in 1984.

Twat should quit his whining and shuttle off this mortal coil.

Linky

2. Absolute b0llocks. If you can't find a vein after two hours you must be the farkin cleaner.

3. Fuck me. He'd have been back on the streets over 10 years ago if he'd committed the crime in this country.

4. [​IMG]

Go out like a hero

5. Classic sir. You are to be commended.

Gets my vote.

6. **** him, they should have kept pricking him with it so he bleeds to death slowly & painfully!

Cry me a river ******!

7. Mods: This post deserves some sort of award for creativity, pithiness and hilarity.

Well done from an admiring septic. :D

8. I heard on the radio that he got so hacked off with it all that he was actually helping the executioners look for a usable vein.

9. should have just put an icepick through his head, after putting it through his knees and elbows.

10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It's a lesson in the consequences of pretending that an execution is some kind of medical procedure. They could hang him, shoot him, gas him or fry him with far less bother and it would probably be considerably less distressing for the condemned man and the other people taking part.

11. That'd do it!!!

12. Seconded!

13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Probably a fault in my personality but actually I don't really care how 'distressing' it is for the condemned man.

14. I believe Utah shoots prisoners on death row. That would probably do for him.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if any state is using ol' Smoky these days (New York used to have one in Sing Sing prison) but there's a lot to be said for zapping him too.

[​IMG]

15. Could`nt you find a bigger chair?