Man U? Chelsea? Arsenal? Bo11ox. its CELTIC!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by FaceLikeAPingPongBall, Apr 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[align=center]The BEST UK football club by far is Scottish, Glaswegian and called CELTIC![/align]

They are also THE greatest Football Club in the UK being the FIRST UK Club to EVER win the European Cup!!! And of course, are the ONLY 'Champions' this season to date!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

From the Beeb:

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan was full of praise for his team after sealing a second successive SPL title.

"The best team won the league," he said. "There is a difference between the best individuals and the best team.

"My players just don't like getting beat. We have players here, like Neil Lennon, who set the standard."

Strachan then went on to single out Shunsuke Nakamura, the match-winner at Kilmarnock. "The man is a genius," said the delighted manager.

The Japanese playmaker curled in a last-minute free-kick to seal a dramatic 2-1 win at Rugby Park.

Defender John Kennedy had much to celebrate after making his first appearance for Celtic since his long battle with a knee injury.

And Strachan added: "You are not going to believe this, but my over-riding emotions are about a man who can come back and play like that after being out for three years.

"I never spoke to him before the game, I just named the team but I just couldn't stop speaking to him afterwards.

"I said to him, 'in all your dreams, I bet you never imagined this.' "Obviously celebrating with the fans at the end was fantastic but I just can't get John Kennedy out of my head."

Celtic chairman Brian Quinn also joined in the post-match fun as the title was wrapped up with four games left to play.

"It's arguably been the best season we have had in the last 30 to 40 years," he said.

"Not only have we won the championship with games to spare, we have got to the Scottish Cup final and the last 16 of the Champions League.

"Not only did we get there in the Champions League, we played well and only bowed out after 120 minutes at AC Milan.

"It has been a fantastic season."

Strachan replaced Martin O'Neill two years ago and has repeated the revered Irishman's achievement of two back-to-back titles in his first two seasons.

Quinn added: "Martin O'Neill had to leave for reasons we all know about and the challenge for us on the board was to find a successor who was worthy to carry forward the Celtic name and the Celtic reputation.

"We found that man - Gordon Strachan."

As for a summer transfer kitty for Strachan, Quinn added: "We will do everything we can to meet Gordon's needs.

"You have to get the season behind you before you can take a considered and balanced view of how the season has gone, where your strengths are and where your weaknesses are."

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Scottish football?

Ah! Division 1 equivalent then....

3. F*cking Jocks at it again.....

Seriously, put half that team in the premiership and they'd crash and burn. How can you call yourself a quality outfit when you play against drunken inbreds week in, week out? Hardly pedigree building stuff, is it?

4. Winning the SPL is a bit like being voted the most handsome member of the Proclaimers.

Okay there are are individual players (Henrik Larrson comes to mind) who could hack it in the Premiership, but the teams?

No, I don't think so.

(And by the way I have nothing but admiration for Scottish people - but this claim for football parity is silly.)

5. Aye well done Celtic...

Tink Fcukers!

51 - 41

We welcome the chase.

6. If Celtic were in the English league they would struggle in the Championship.

Lets face it Rangers would struggle as well and they are far better.

7. Based on the results of the last two years, I think you'll find you're talking shoit and proddie Union Flag waving shoit at that, but for the sake of debate, how many SPLs have that shower at Ibrox won in the Last 7 years?

I rest my case! The future is bright, green and white and hooped! Roll on next year's Champion's League!!! :D

8. Cel who?

It's lucky the Champions league sorts the men from the boys then!

9. Couldn't care less. Never has a more tedious game of football been played than in Scotland.

10. You care enough to post that you couldn't care less, how very caring of you bud!

11. Its like fishing, i don't really care for the sitting around, but when you get a bite it makes up for all the tedium.

So at what stage of the 2008 UEFA cup will Celtic get knocked out?

12. How many jock clubs in the last 4 of the Champions League again?????

edited to add - It must have taken you longer to write the post than it took Celtic to win the league

13. Last 16 (same as usual!).

14. How many English teams with English owners and English managers and mostly English players come to mind, but that would stifle debate..... :D

15. They still kicked Man United's arse this season in the Champions League, proving the best team over two legs and coming top of the group. Celtic would not suffer by any means against Premiership or Championship teams.

Unfortunately, in the AC Milan vs Celtic match, the referee was suffering from Old Trafford syndrome and refused to give a blatant penalty against Paulo Maldini. I always though deliberate hand-ball inside the box was a) a penalty and b) a sending off offence. That said, Celtic were extremely mediocre up-front. They have made £17 million this season mostly through off-loading some high-earners and they really need to get a few extra players, notably a strike partner for Van Hennegoor of Hesselink (bloody stupid name).