MAN SV Winch Wagon

hi guys,

I have 2 SV winch wagons and they require testing, but when i go to pull/pay the rope out my RCU reads Rope end! rope in only and its litterally 1 metre from fairlead and wont even winch in?? any ideas??

Kingy
"Pulling Bitches Outta Ditches"
"Signed OFF"

Disclaimer - I have ZERO knowledge of this particular system, but in general, there's going to be some form of sensor associated with the winch cable status - take a close look and clean/adjust. Or maybe your RCU is bad ...

No on about jus the normal MAN SV with the self recovery winch fitted and i cleaned sensor and used different RCU and still same problem occurs??

E

EScotia

sorted it there is a dogclutch on rear right hand side behind rear wheel WTF stupid place to put it but all good now
Why are you trying to operate a winch without either being trained on it or at least reading the instructions?

Why are you trying to operate a winch without either being trained on it or at least reading the instructions?
Come on Escotia, who the feck reads the instruction manual before operating something ;-)

Needs a local instructor or two to help out methinks

Nobby

On health & safety grounds you are completely right - just joshing

E

EScotia

If you are indeed trained to inspect the winch you must have been trained to operate it or at least shown how it works. If you can't operate it the first step should have been to read the AESP, which you say you have. If you still couldn't operate it easy answer is to get a recy mech to show you (they're good at educating people in their black arts) or if you can't get hold of a recy mech, swallow your pride and ask a user/operator to pull out the rope!

I'd change your Username if I was you :)

Latest Threads