Man shot with police Taser dies

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by asmallbrownduck, Jan 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Poor chap.

But on the bright side it does give me an excuse to post this link!

Clicky

2. Which is a nice link to a site which will try to install spyware/virus/trojan on your computer

3. Simple, don't pull a knife on a copper then you won't get zapped. One more criminal removed from the gene pool.

4. Well the chap probably deserved an 11,000volt elastic band flick. The police must have been justified.

Watched the Video

How long before these Tasers are used over here by chavs & idiots. I hope that there is a law in place that makes possesion of a Taser by a civilian the same as having a firearm.

The last thing we want is people arrested for having a Taser & getting off on a technicality.

Any civvie police got answers on the legal definition of a Taser ?

5. Didn't for me. Perhaps I already have some.

6. Dad is armed police, told me tasers are classed (by them, at least) as a firearm, so I'd assume that is where the legislation stands. It is a device for launching projectiles, after all?

So far as Im concerned, if he gave the policeman reason to use his, it's his own fault. He should put it down to experience, and not do it again.

7. TASER is section 5 "prohibited weapon" as far as I know.

8. any links to the story?

9. Holy feck Googled Taser. You can buy a 775,000 Volt Stun Gun in the States for $70 !!!!

Might get one for Big Issue Sellers / Eastern European Street Beggars / Chuggers / Wimmin with scrunchies, large hoopy earings eating chewing gum.

http://www.personalarms.com/stun_master_775.htm

10. I've a Yank friend who has taser rounds for his shotgun. He's literally sitting at home in the back of beyond (in his longjohns) waiting for a someone to try and burgle him. He then expects to be laughed at by the local sheriff, and called a 'liberal' and possibly a ‘homosexual’ for not shooting him dead. Funny how there are fewer burglaries in the US? Can't work out why...

11. Cow

Cow LE

It'll be interesting to know his cause of death. He managed to walk into the house after being shot with the taser so it didn't cause his death on its own.

12. Now available with mp3 player.
    [​IMG]
    Ideal gift for the sadist in the family.

There's a even a claymore version. I wonder does it have surround sound?

13. He fell down the stairs, honest Guv!

14. Sympathy meter. Hovering around zero.
    Gene pool getting an improvement.