• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Man shot with police Taser dies

asmallbrownduck said:
Poor chap.

But on the bright side it does give me an excuse to post this link!

Clicky
Which is a nice link to a site which will try to install spyware/virus/trojan on your computer

Well the chap probably deserved an 11,000volt elastic band flick. The police must have been justified.

Watched the Video

How long before these Tasers are used over here by chavs & idiots. I hope that there is a law in place that makes possesion of a Taser by a civilian the same as having a firearm.

The last thing we want is people arrested for having a Taser & getting off on a technicality.

Any civvie police got answers on the legal definition of a Taser ?

Dad is armed police, told me tasers are classed (by them, at least) as a firearm, so I'd assume that is where the legislation stands. It is a device for launching projectiles, after all?

So far as Im concerned, if he gave the policeman reason to use his, it's his own fault. He should put it down to experience, and not do it again.

58_Pattern said:
Holy feck Googled Taser. You can buy a 775,000 Volt Stun Gun in the States for $70 !!!!

Might get one for Big Issue Sellers / Eastern European Street Beggars / Chuggers / Wimmin with scrunchies, large hoopy eating chewing gum.

http://www.personalarms.com/stun_master_775.htm
I've a Yank friend who has taser rounds for his shotgun. He's literally sitting at home in the back of beyond (in his longjohns) waiting for a someone to try and burgle him. He then expects to be laughed at by the local sheriff, and called a 'liberal' and possibly a ‘homosexual’ for not shooting him dead. Funny how there are fewer burglaries in the US? Can't work out why...

It'll be interesting to know his cause of death. He managed to walk into the house after being shot with the taser so it didn't cause his death on its own.

Cow said:
It'll be interesting to know his cause of death. He managed to walk into the house after being shot with the taser so it didn't cause his death on its own.
He fell down the stairs, honest Guv!

Sympathy meter. Hovering around zero.
Gene pool getting an improvement.

I picked one up several years ago in Florida and it walked through airport security in my hold luggage. Its a 400,000 beauty and cost me about $20.

I have a young family and due to being away so often the wife is prepped on its use, although it is obviously out of the way of small hands etc.

Following its use, a cleverly inserted set of garden shears will destroy any evidence of the small burns it may leave behind . . .

LordVonHarley said:
Cow said:
He fell down the stairs, honest Guv!
Fine by me! Just have to get rid of the hand print in his back...

I think the Police are taking environmental friendliness to extremes! How much greenhouse gas does a 9mm kick out?

The taser didn't kill him. Self inflicted knife wounds after the taser killed him.