Man overboard device?

Got a "friend" who has been left a marine orange smoke/light man-over-board device by a client.
It basically fits to a side of a ship or life buoy and when deployed admits orange smoke for 15mins & Bright Light for 2 hours. Is yellow & floats, now the question is how do they dispose of it, or just set it off......and run fast away from it denying everything!!
If dispose of, where?

wafubustard

War Hero
Speak to the coastguard, they should be able to advise.

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app

Have fun with it, Let it off next to a Dinghy up the highest hill you can find.

Got a "friend" who has been left a marine orange smoke/light man-over-board device by a client.
It basically fits to a side of a ship or life buoy and when deployed admits orange smoke for 15mins & Bright Light for 2 hours. Is yellow & floats, now the question is how do they dispose of it, or just set it off......and run fast away from it denying everything!!
If dispose of, where?
Traditionally, dangerous items of ordnance have been used as door stops for half a century or more before calling in an EOD team. Tell him put it in his garden shed with a note for his grandkids.

Sit in a canoe in Lidls carpark and set it off, wait to be rescued.

I used a mates pool to set it off, nobody from the coastguard turned up.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Strap it to Diane Abbott's face, it could only help her.

If it's orange you could try contacting one or two NI arrse members (usual subjects, I mean suspects) 12th of July is the use by date to look for.

wafubustard

War Hero
Try it in the bath, if it is salt water activated put some sea salt in there.

That's my more sensible answer.

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Take it to a beach, ring the Coastguard on 999 and they will send out a RN EOD team. Or just smuggle it to work and then drop it in the red amnesty bin.

clanky

War Hero
Dealing with TEPs is a bit of an issue within the sailing community at the moment. Not all CG stations are ready to accept them. Some chandlers will take them off you if you are buying a replacement pyro.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using ARRSE mobile app

Dig a hole, set it off, throw it in and cover it up.

Or set it off on the M25 shortly before morning rush hour.

D

Djelli Beybii

Set it off, lob it in a flooded local river and bugger off sharpish...it'll be miles away and you can deny all knowledge.just give it a wipe over and wear gloves. No point in leaving your dabs all over the damn thing is there.

Latest Threads