Man on Fire

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Prodigal, Feb 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just have to tell you what a brilliant film this is - well worth £3.75.

Also "In the Cut" - was in exactly the right mood when I got that one out.....
  2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Great !

Psst ! What are they about ?
  3. Man on fire i enjoyed a lot. Well worth losing my evening too.

It's a tale of revenge when the main character (Denzel Wash) is protecting a little girl but she is kidnapped and killed. He then goes off slaughtering everyone involved.
  4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

In The Cut sounds a bit frightening - to me anyway. 8O
  5. but does the kid die? watch and see watch and see
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Top film, Washington at his best.
  7. Sorry Cutaway, forgot to say what it was about! But ant gave an admirable synopsis.....btw, the credits at the end seem to suggest it was based on a true story, or is that just me being very gullible?!

"In the Cut" is about a woman (Meg Ryan not looking like a vacuous blond for a change) being stalked by a nutter, detective assigned to the case has an affair with her - won't give the twist away. It's full of dark, erotic images (and scenes) - subtly masochistic, very raw - detective has just the right balance of desire, lust and 'sympatic' nuances - just the kind of film to watch when you're very angry and very turned on.... as I say, I caught it in just the right mood....

not one to watch if she's wanting something pink and fluffy that's for sure!