Man nicked for breaking old vase

police say this morning the man who broke the vase in the museum has been arrested for causing crimianl damage,it broke into 400 bit and their gluing it together. so we get nicked for accidents now

It's common practise to link to the story, when starting a thread like this in current affairs.

I can remember seeing it on the news a while ago. The musuem captured the incident on their cctv.
The man in quesion fell down the museum staircase and knocked the vase off the windowsill which was at the bottom of the staircase.
It rather raises the question of why on earth a museum would put a vase worth so much in such a ridiculous place?

dml87 said:
it was on BBCi not than good with computers to links sites just know the basics
Shame you don't have the power of written english yet either. Try reading it out to yourself before you post - it generally helps :lol:

Here's the link

Man arrested

in_the_cheapseats said:
dml87 said:
it was on BBCi not than good with computers to links sites just know the basics
Shame you don't have the power of written english yet either. Try reading it out to yourself before you post - it generally helps :lol:

Here's the link

Man arrested
Likewise.

Capital E perhaps???

My bold.

Nah - I'm Scottish - english isn't that important. :D

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The BBC said:
The three vases are from a collection of five which the museum said could be worth up to £300,000.
£300 grand for smashed crockery ? 8O

I'm off to the kitchen with a wheelbrace.

Cutaway said:
The BBC said:
The three vases are from a collection of five which the museum said could be worth up to £300,000.
£300 grand for smashed crockery ? 8O

I'm off to the kitchen with a wheelbrace.
You let your mong harem in the Kitchen now? You ARE becoming a liberated soul! :lol:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Of course they're in the kitchen ! :roll:

How else can I be expected to squeeze them into the microwave ?

Cutaway said:
Of course they're in the kitchen ! :roll:

How else can I be expected to squeeze them into the microwave ?
Thats only because the dungeon has become so cramped with the rest of the "instruments" and "equipment" you have crammed in there.

Keeping the fingerpainting up I hope?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don't know what the problem is. It is not as it the vases were new. :oops:

CCTV should show that he fell. A possibble counterclaim I feel

Auld-Yin said:
I don't know what the problem is. It is not as it the vases were new. :oops:
They were as old as that joke :)

I'm not proud of it, but I did see this man on Richard and Judy. He was saying how he was glad he wouldn't have to pay for damages as he didn't have enough money to pay for a priceless vase. Is it wrong to laugh?