Man Love - the answer to recruitment but threat to retention

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by western, Mar 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Greatest Warriors Ever?

The 300 Spartan warriors, young men who had been trained for a single purpose in life - to fight and kill their many enemies - were silent and intent.

On the eve of battle they stripped naked and oiled themselves lovingly, combing their very long black hair,
    ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The toughest Spartans organised the packs and literally whipped the boys into shape. They learned to rely solely on themselves and their companions.

Meanwhile the boys were made to break all links with their parents and regard their pack as family.

This surrogate fathering encouraged a system of ritual pederasty. After the age of 12, every Spartan adolescent was expected to receive a young adult warrior as his lover. It would have been a mark of shame for a teenager not to have been courted by an older youth.
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    At the age of 20, these young warriors were elected to the equivalent of regimental messes, where they would live until they were married - yes, eventually, they were introduced to women -and where they would dine every day for the rest of their soldierly lives.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=441339&in_page_id=1879

That explains why Mess Kit is tailored so tight around the buttocks then!

2. Nah mate, you just sort of grew into yours.

3. Is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

4. this explains the 3para mortar mindset!! :hug:

5. Erm...what about them Dodgers eh??

6. FFS! Less than two hours on the site and some genitally challenged individual bins the thread without of course identifying themselves or stating a reason.

7. Buggery was frowned heavily upon amongst the Spartan ranks. I learned this somewhere I cannot remember.

8. Probably just concentrating hard on it. I expect their tongues were sticking out too...

9. No, No, No it makes you frown!