Man loses 140 lbs to join the Marines

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chimurenga, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's nothing. My mate lost 11 stone after joining the police.

His wife left him.

Thank you, and goodnight.
  2. Well done that man! He's shown his commitment - good luck to him!
  3. I saw that one coming ....
  4. No doubt put it right back on with gym time and 'roids
  5. Fair play to that lad! It just shows what you can do when you commit yourself to something. I sincerely hope he doesn't get topped on his first day out in the ulu after all that good work.

6. Kudos to the guy but why be such a fat ponce in the first place.
  7. fair play to him.......he should be held up as an example to other lazy layabouts
  8. Every time I see a big chubber getting beasted on one of these programs I always think, "Under all that lard you must be as fit as f*ck".

If someone's jogging about while 140lb overweight that's worse than an 140lb bergan - they've got the weight, plus it's insulating them (unlike a bergan) plus some of it is on their limbs (unlike a bergan).

Staying fit is the lazy man's option.
  9. It's only the US Marines tho, not royals. Over here that's like a lad losing 10 stone to join RLC..

10. Imagine the stretch marks on his body though, more than a woman whose dropped triplets.
  11. Hmm.. let's say "a friend" loses 90lbs in order to join the British Army (as an orrficer) does it show a truck load of motivation and dedication that they have done so or does it show a lack of discipline and laziness that they were such a biffa in the first place?
  12. To be honest it shows both (they were fat and lazy as hell), though agreed at least it shows they changed for the better.

I just don't like fat people, it's much easier to be lazy when your copiously fit.
  13. Teehee , is that some kind of euphemism for being fond of the pies? :D

Good on him though!
  14. I wonder how he is getting on in Training