Man jailed for letting 3 y/old girl smoke!

He should've gotten more than 18months ffs!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8308946.stm

A man has been jailed for 18 months for allowing a three-year-old child to smoke.

Newcastle Crown Court heard that the girl asked Graeme Conroy, 31, for a cigarette and when she started smoking it was filmed on a mobile phone.

The court heard that the child had smoked three cigarettes before the filming took place.

Conroy, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering or injury to health.

Footage discovered

Last month magistrates in Gateshead remanded Conroy into custody and committed his case to the crown court after deciding their powers of sentence were insufficient.

During that hearing, they heard that he had handed the lit cigarette to the child and encouraged her to inhale it.

Conroy then persuaded another child, aged 14, to film it on their mobile phone for fun, the court heard.

But it was this that proved to be his undoing when the footage, which was recorded on 24 February, was discovered and he was reported to the police.

In the footage Conroy can be heard guffawing with laughter and at one point someone is heard saying: "She'll smoke it all herself."

The one good thing about chavs is that they are brain dead enough to video themselves and their chav scum mates breaking the law making the job of the plod so much easier.

However I do think that in this case it is one rule for one and another for the other. Surely denying youngsters the pleasure of smoking is ageist and therfore contrary to the law!

As a Geordie child, she had probably been born "smerkin a tab" and the misplaced outrage in this particular case is that the child didn't kick off at the person holding the camera for "Calling wor mutha a hooer"

and not one joke about Maddy smoking MDN?

I was mortified on hearing about this myself. I mean.... i never crash to anybody who isn't capable of returning the favour!

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
shortfuse said:
As a Geordie child, she had probably been born "smerkin a tab" and the misplaced outrage in this particular case is that the child didn't kick off at the person holding the camera for "Calling wor mutha a hooer"
Indeed; I imagine the poor bloke was bullied into it when his initially-negative response to "'ere y'ar, borrow us a cig" got followed up with "gizza fuckin' cig or I'll cut you up, innit?".

shortfuse said:
Speaking as a Geordie ones self, this is closest the money I reckon.

And anyone else from the west end of Newcastle will realise the surname of Conroy in that story and not be at all suprised in the slightest.

4 fags aged 3? The kids a lightweight!

I must have been smoking 20 Woodbines a day passively round my Grans when I was that age.