Man in funny hat and gold palace calls pet owners "selfish"

The fridge lightbulb I've heard of, because you 'cause work' by opening the door & activating the bulb, The other lights stay on (or off) for the sabbath, as long as their state isn't changed.

Some slightly-less-bonkers solutions are creating an eruv (?), by stringing a wire delineating an exclusion area (or it's an 'inclusion# area of the something.. So as soon as you have ways to get round it, then it all becomes daft. You'd think!

Indeed, I was asking daughter if just leaving the lights on for the whole day would be ok and she said technically yes but the old bat concerned just goes the extra mile to ensure that the others, whom she knows are not observant, don't cheat and use the light at night, which still has workarounds but I guess she can tell god she has done what she can so at least he will be pleased with her. This is all to do with "not creating a spark on the Sabbath" or some such errant nonsense but there you go. The tearing the toilet paper in advance of arse wiping is about not working on the Sabbath, why this constitutes work when other things like opening the door would seem to require even more effort but are ok beats me but there you go.

I recall reading about one jewish couple who sued their landlord (the case was thrown out due to it being insane) because when they walked through the communal area to/from their flat door the motion sensor would switch the hallway light on, thus creating a spark.

It is way past the time that such thinking affects people's lives. At least have a god that doesn't sound like a total headcase, wouldn't it be good to wax lyrical about really smart god rules instead of insane ones?

It is way past the time that such thinking affects people's lives. At least have a god that doesn't sound like a total headcase, wouldn't it be good to wax lyrical about really smart god rules instead of insane ones?

Bearing in mind religions are entirely human inventions anyway, the degree of insanity / extremism really starts with the individual. I know plenty of very religious Jews and for that matter Christians and Muslims who are upright and useful members of society, despite various religious practices they follow that seem bizarre to others not of the persuasion.
The real problem is that religion is always about collectives. Humanity is constantly having to be vigilant and defend itself against the demands of these collectives and their expectation of "special treatment" based on their false belief that their faith systems somehow originated from "god".

Last edited:
No, the Jews did!
Entirely incorrect. The scam merely tried to use deliberately mistranslated quotes from the Jewish bible as a means of backing up its claims.
Human sacrifice was and is forbidden and utter anathema to Judaism - thus everything Christian pertaining to the idea of a man dying for the rest of humanity is borrowed from some other source - a source in which human sacrifice was seen as valuable.
I won't even start with the abhorrence of the idea of eating the flesh and blood of a human - once again, forbidden and utter anathema to Judaism and obviously borrowed from a source which somehow placed value on the consumption of human flesh and blood.
Regarding the Christian messiah - it fails to conform to any of the traits ascribed to messiah in Judaism. Not only is Jesus an invented messiah, the Christian concept of messiah itself is an invention entirely different from the idea of messiah in Judaism.

Last edited:
What's all that about trees? I'm confused. Something about Jews and infrared sensors...

Have you been goig through my knickers drawer?

Have you been drinking some of my Toilet Duck?
Maybe it's a reference to Yggdrasil? After all, Odin seems to have genuinely vanquished the Frost Giants!

At least have a god that doesn't sound like a total headcase, wouldn't it be good to wax lyrical about really smart god rules instead of insane ones?
Most gods tend to have some rule or other along the lines of, "Don't be pricks to each other" but for some reason humanity tends to favour the other sort.

Entirely incorrect. The scam merely tried to use deliberately mistranslated quotes from the Jewish bible as a means of backing up its claims.
Human sacrifice was and is utter anathema to Judaism - thus everything Christian pertaining to the idea of a man dying for the rest of humanity is borrowed from some other source - a place in which human sacrifice was seen as valuable.
I won't even start with the abhorrence of the idea of eating the flesh and blood of a human - once again, utter anathema to Judaism and obviously borrowed from a source which valued the consumption of human flesh and blood.
Regarding the Christian messiah - it fails to conform to any of the traits ascribed to messiah in Judaism. Not only is Jesus an invented messiah, the Christian concept of messiah itself is an invention entirely different from the idea of messiah in Judaism.

It must be something in the water/soil/air of the middle east, the birthplace of 3 of the worlds major religions, (Judaism, Christianity & Islam), that produces mass halucinations/delusions in the various nutters that started it all!

@Fiona_TG ,
I don't know the situation you describe but I would leave the bulbs in, not tear up the paper and say if you don't like don't come round.
This would presumably give her the problem of waiting for the pre booked taxi to turn up as she cannot change the time.
@loofkar , Can females also be messiah?
Thus could Golda Meir have been a messiah?

@Fiona_TG ,
I don't know the situation you describe but I would leave the bulbs in, not tear up the paper and say if you don't like don't come round.
This would presumably give her the problem of waiting for the pre booked taxi to turn up as she cannot change the time.
@loofkar , Can females also be messiah?
Thus could Golda Meir have been a messiah?

Indeed, plenty of piss off the mother in law options there but he is a kind of anything for a peaceful life type so just grins and bears it. For the observant one I guess she would have to know if Golda Meir crapped in the dark on the Sabbath before according her such status.

Latest Threads