Man held after police CSO stabbing

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Dec 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

A Police Community Support officer is fighting for his life in a Manchester hospital after being stabbed in the neck.

A 63-year-old man is being quizzed in connection with the incident.

The PCSO was helping a housing organisation with an eviction in Stalybridge when the stabbing occurred.

He was not wearing a stab-proof vest or body-armour, although they can be issued on the orders of each force's chief constable.

The victim, who has yet to be named, was taken to Tameside General Hospital.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police described the man's condition as "very serious".

She said: "A 63-year-old man from Stalybridge has been arrested on suspicion of Section 18 wounding and is currently in police custody."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/04122006/356/man-held-police-cso-stabbing.html

This country need's get tougher on crimes like these instead of concentrating on money making crimes like speed cameras.In the past week alone,I saw the PSNI speed camera van & another 2 bike cops with the radar gun but not once did I see a beat cop or even a patrol car.....
    FFS this man was a volenteer! Where were the 'real' cops & why was'nt he wearing a vest???

2. a PCSO is not a volunteer - that is special constabulary

3. Although i don't agree with the PCSO concept, can i wish the PCSO a speedy and full recovery.

This was bound to happen eventually, it'll be the excuse the government need to start issuing them with batons, spray (and although i know British Transport Police do already), and cuffs.

It's the start of the slippery slope to policing on the cheap.

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The PSNI are setting up PCSO's over here & they're volunteer's who do that on top of their civvie jobs.
    Confusing.....

5. Apparently he was stabbed in the neck, so a vest wouldn't have been much use to him anyway

6. don't they have specials over there? sorry for my ignorance

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

No,They're introducing them at the moment but calling them PCSO's as it's mre 'friendly' to the nationalist community.But they're only being deployed in 'soft' areas like Finaghy/Lisburn rd area of Belfast & not North/West Belfast(Twinbrook/Ardoyn/Falls Rd)

8. No spike the PCSOs are different ,full time like the ones on the mainland with no powers of arrest,there are also part time PSNI officers like the old RUC Reserve part time but with supposidly more training who have full police powers and are armed.

9. how about getting the PCSOs to do the paperwork mountain inflicted on the police by the so called government, that would release the bobbies to do the job they joined for.

Wishing a speedy recovery to the wounded bob (what do you call a half bobby????? please i stress, i mean no disrespect to PCSO or police officers)

to all Bobbies and PCSOs thank you for doing a grand job with your hands tied by our political masters, vote me in and i would give you remote contols to the CCTV so you could switch them off when a git gives you sh1t and have an anti camera phone network installed.

The startling thing is the guy that was arrested is 63????? or is he trying to get put away so he can have three squares and doesnt freeze this winter unlike some poor old souls.

to the politicians, i see there is no cut back in your armed protection, are you scared of what might happen if the real people found out where you are hiding

10. Godspeed this man's recovery.

People trying to get put away for christmas put a brick through a shop window not a knife in a PCSO'S neck.

Why wasn't he wearing a vest? firstly, did he have one. If so, normally I'd say he should have been wearing it. I always wore mine in uniform, you never know what call you're going to next. Not that it would have made to much difference to a neckwound.

Where were the real cops? Now there's a question. Maybe ACPO and the government will realise now not every problem can be solved by throwing a bucketload of PCSO's at the problem....

but no man and no family should have to pay such a price for the current attempt to police on the cheap

11. do the part timers get paid or only get expenses like ours?

12. I'm not the most clued up person on PCSO's, but what was he doing helping with an eviction? Surely that's a job for a "real" copper. I thought CSO's were there just to patrol the community...

I really hope he pulls through.

13. welcome to Blair's Britian :(

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

From the BBC-

Last Updated: Monday, 13 November 2006, 06:46 GMT
    E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    PSNI plans for civilian officers
    Police Community Support Officer hat
    Community support officers began work in England and Wales in 2000
    Police could soon be accompanied by civilian officers on Northern Ireland's streets in an attempt to curb low-level crime and anti-social behaviour.

The PSNI plans that uniformed Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) will be introduced following a public consultation on policing issues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6141798.stm

And the ARRSE thread-

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=51321.html

15. First and more important; I hope the PCSO makes a full recovery. Although I've never agreed with the concept, the man did not deserve this.
    The issue of a vest is irrelevent; he was stabbed in the neck and so the vest would not have protected him anyway.
    Is it just me, or is violance against police officers, PCSO's etc getting worse/ Two coppers were shot at this weekend and there's been at least two coppers killed this year alone...