Man held after Birmingham hospital gun threat

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Dec 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

A hospital patient has been arrested after he threatened staff with what was thought to be a gun.

Armed police were deployed to City Hospital in Birmingham at around 5pm on Wednesday and used a Taser to arrest the man, who was demanding drugs.

Police refused to confirm reports that the patient had taken two nurses hostage, but a spokeswoman for the hospital, in Dudley Road, said staff managed to get away from him and call security.

"Security did the right thing by retaining the man in a room.

"When the police came, they arrested him. During the incident staff evacuated the ward," she said.

A spokesman for West Midlands Police said no-one was hurt and the man remained in custody.

First the Para in Selly Oak & now this.Makes you wonder if the Health Minister wears blinkers....
  2. Maybe I'm being slow today but what connection are you trying to make here?
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

City Hospital is not one of the hospitals in which service patients are treated. If it was, of course, this man would never have got away with it, what with all the security and so on...
  4. I'm being terribly slow too. What connection is there to Selly Oak?

Luckily no one was injured, buit if someone had received a gunshot wound , outside the Royal Victoria, I believe City is the next best place.
  5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Surely a hospital is the best place to be if you are going to be shot? Stands to reason, dunnit???
  6. Was he a cancer patient demanding herceptin?
  7. At the Lister Hospital in Stevenage in the eighties, a bloke walked in with a shotgun and murdered his wife (guarded by two able plod ...chatting up the nurses) after a domestic.

My Ex Wife was on duty in Casualty at the time, I was away at Palace Barracks on a fun filled two Year.

Again nothing to do with Selly Oak or the Health Minister, it just happens sometimes