"Man given life for soldiers murder"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by japseyewarrior, Feb 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/15022006/344/man-given-life-soldier-s-murder.html

"A 26-year-old man has been sentenced to life in prison for murdering a soldier who was shot dead hours after arriving back in the UK on leave to celebrate his 21st birthday.

Narel Sharpe, who had served in Kosovo and Iraq, was shot in a street in Smethwick, in the West Midlands, after he fought back when Levi Walker tried to steal his gold chain in September 2004. "

"ordered to serve a minimum of 30 years before being considered for parole."

2. Lets hope he does every single day of it

3. That's good news! 30 years is also a respectable sentence for scum like that. If anything, it should be longer.

Infact...to hell with prision, just hang the cnut!

4. I remember the initial post on this case when it first happened. So glad our legal system finally proved us all wrong and did him for murder not a reduced sentence of manslaughter.

Now we just have to pay for the piece of scum to spend his life behind bars.

5. In the earlier thread I wrote

I'm glad my scepticism was misplaced. Thirty years is further up the scale than Judges usually pitch. Fifty and consistency among the Judges would be better. Hopefully Walker's appeal will be dismissed out of hand.

6. Some kind of Justice has been done