Man found Guilty of Plotting to Blow Up Airliner with Bomb in Brothers Luggage

An Australian court today found a Muslim man guilty of plotting to blow up an Etihad Airways flight out of Sydney at the behest of the Islamic State militant group, by hiding a bomb in the luggage of his brother.

Man guilty of meat grinder bomb plot

Police had accused the man, Khaled Khayat, and another brother, Mahmoud Khayat, of planning two terrorist attacks that also included a chemical gas attack on the flight to Abu Dhabi in July 2017, police said.

The third brother was unaware that he was carrying a bomb, disguised as a meat mincer, in his luggage, as he tried to check in at the airport, police said.

But the device was taken out of his luggage when it was deemed too heavy and the bomb never made it past airport security

Thankfully, another mass murder attack with hundreds and potentials thousands killed in the name of Islam averted, if only by chance that his brother's baggage was too heavy.

Thankfully, another mass murder attack with hundreds and potentials thousands killed in the name of Islam averted, if only by chance that his brother's baggage was too heavy.

Yeah, and every traffic stop that oddly leads to a massive find of drugs is just a routine lucky stop too.....

;)

"The third brother was unaware that he was carrying a bomb."

Well, that is going to make conversation at the family dinner at Christmas Eid a tad awkward...

Well, that is going to make conversation at the family dinner at Christmas Eid a tad awkward...

The 'unaware' brother will probably be outcast for not willingly wanting to get involved and deliberately carry a bomb onto the plane.

All in the name of religion. Brotherly love is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Brothers blow up so fast these days

Yeah, and every traffic stop that oddly leads to a massive find of drugs is just a routine lucky stop too.....

;)

interestingly enough in 1986 it was the correct implementation of EL AL airlines security search procedures by one of their airport checkers that revealed the bomb Jordanian Nezar Hindawi had hidden in the suitcase of his Irish GF, whom he was sending to Israel "to meet his parents prior to them marrying". The bomb's detonator device was hidden in a calculator and set to explode the jumbo jet in mid air. His girlfriend was five months pregnant at the time.

Last edited:
interestingly enough in 1986 it was the correct implementation of EL AL airlines security search procedures by one of their airport checkers that revealed the bomb Jordanian Nezar Hindawi had hidden in the suitcase of his Irish GF, whom he was sending to Israel "to meet his parents prior to them marrying". The bomb's detonator device was hidden in a calculator and set to explode the jumbo jet in mid air. His girlfriend was five months pregnant at the time.

Cheer up, Jez will let him out when he gets in.

He was probably fitted up by the Shin Bet anyway. Or the Met. Or a big boy did it and ran away?

@loofkar

I am sure you will agree, drills only work if you do them every time - and there is a good reason for target hardening and SOPs.

Cheer up, Jez will let him out when he gets in.

He was probably fitted up by the Shin Bet anyway. Or the Met. Or a big boy did it and ran away?
Don't think the lowlifes didn't try and claim it was a mossad plot......
Upon hearing on the news that the bomb has been discovered, the Jordanian fled to the Syrian embassy, where the Syrian ambassador passed him to the embassy security men, who took him to their lodgings and tried to change his appearance by cutting and dyeing his hair.
For reasons unknown, Hindawi fled from the Syrians the next morning and gave himself up to the police.

Wikipedia:
"After the court found Hindawi guilty, the then British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher broke off diplomatic relations with Syria. Following this the United States and Canada recalled their ambassadors from Syria. The European Community also imposed minor sanctions.

The Helsinki Warning of the Lockerbie disaster almost exactly matched Murphy's circumstances, except that the woman carrying the bomb was Finnish."

@lookfar - the midlde east is a strange place.

Nothing would surprise me. One day we'll all get on.

Until then -

Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle
Psalm 144:1

philc

LE

He lived in the next road from me in Bayswater, late 80s was interesting around there. A few months late some bomb maker blew himself up, again a few roads away. When my parents were leaving my flat once as they left the SPG or who ever did tactical entries were entering next door all tooled up. Then one night my mum rung me around 11ish just as I had got to sleep to tell me some one had blown up some derelict houses at the top of the road, thanks mum, that would explain all the noise whilst I was trying to sleep.

Latest Threads