Man decapitated by chainsaw. Death not suspicious!

BBC said:
A man who was found with his head decapitated by a chainsaw was fighting to stay in a block of 70 flats in Hampshire cleared for redevelopment.

David Phyall, 50, was the last tenant at the Atlantic Housing Ltd housing association flats in Eastleigh.

His body was found by police on 5 July, who said his death was not suspicious. Post-mortem tests showed he died of a "complete transection of the neck".

An inquest was opened and adjourned at Winchester Coroner's Court on Friday.

A spokesman for the coroner said: "As far as we know nobody else was involved.

"There's nothing suspicious about the death. It was in his flat on Bodmin Road.

"The place is all due to be redeveloped. He was the last resident left there. He lived there alone."

A Hampshire Constabulary spokeswoman confirmed his death was not suspicious.

"We were called to the address on Bodmin Road on 5 July at approximately 4.20pm to a non-suspicious death," she said.
How do you cut your own head off with a chainsaw?

:?

ugly

LE
A local tree surgeon here tried whilst up a tree, killed him but he didnt take it all the way!

Poor handling leading to the chainsaw equivalent of an ND?

There was a chap who guillotined himself in his sleep a few years ago, so I imagine that someone with a reasonable degree of dexterity might be able to rig up some sort of stand to mount the chainsaw on to do the deed; or it might have been one of those smaller chainsaws you can get in garden centres which it would be possible to turn about and employ hupon yourself because of the relatively short chain. You'd need reasonably long arms to do that though.

I would not expect a "complete transection of the neck" to be possible on your own without a lot of effort.

Most chainsaw head injurys are caused by kick back which as the name suggests the saw will kick backwards towards the user.

now dependant on how you are holding the saw depends where it is likely too:

1 strike the body.
2 severity of injury.

Thus most chainsaws have a deadmans of some form or other...

But im sure the Plod are well are that its easier too get good clear up stats on a suicide!

ugly

LE
I've heard about these 'last tenants' before. Apparently the most recent one accidentally brutally cut his head off whilst combing his hair, a most perplexing mystery! :plotting:

Polish farmer Krystof Azninski, staked a strong claim to being Europe's most macho man by cutting off his own head in 1995. Azninski, 30, had been drinking with friends when it was suggested they strip naked and play some "men's games". Initially they hit each other over the head with frozen turnips, but then one man upped the ante by seizing a chainsaw and cutting off the end of his foot. Not to be outdone, Azninski grabbed the saw and, shouting "Watch this then," he swung at his own head and chopped it off.

"It's funny," said one companion, "when he was young he put on his sister's underwear. But he died like a man."
Its a funny old world.

A police officers wife topped herself in Preston the other year by using a hedge strimmer on the neck never took the head right off but think it was just the sinew holding it on

brettarider said:
A police officers wife topped herself in Preston the other year by using a hedge strimmer on the neck never took the head right off but think it was just the sinew holding it on
So Sandman, what we're actually saying here is that, contrary to his mate's opinion, the Polish guy died like a woman? :twisted:

I dare say if you wanted to commit suicide and use a chainsaw then lying flat on the ground and then letting go of the chainsaw whilst it was across your neck would decapitate you.

I doubt there's anything suspicious, it would stand out like a sore thumb in this situation due to the nature of the death.

That's nothing. In 2005 a couple of hours prior to spilling the beans on who really stood behind the killing of journalist Gongadse Ukrainian general Kravchenko committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. Twice. :wink:

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I did here of a chap who managed to suffocate himself to death with a plastic bag whilst also hanging himself at the same time.

The police said that dirty, not foul play was suspected.

Drummer_Boy said:
brettarider said:
So Sandman, what we're actually saying here is that, contrary to his mate's opinion, the Polish guy died like a woman? :twisted:
A real man would use a junior hacksaw.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Splatter pattern art, and another one for the SOCO "Had your breakfast have you?" album.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I imagine laying said device on the floor and securing it, and then proceeding to kneel and pitch forward onto it (around the neck region) would also achieve the same end result. He must have really liked that flat (council flat?). But at the end of the day, what a way to go! Doubt the property developer gave a 5h1te though.

Think he had a SAW THROAT. Geddit? A saw throat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA.

Ahem.

I have seen the skull of a bloke who topped himself by placing a drill in a vice and doing a bit of self inflicted trepanning.
Took him 3 goes before he died.

Mental health problems in West Mercia. Bloody yokels

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
FABLONBIFFCHIT said:
Think he had a SAW THROAT. Geddit? A saw throat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
As a result of which he had a Husqvarna voice.

You can keep the coat. I puked in the pocket.

TheIronDuke said:
FABLONBIFFCHIT said:
Think he had a SAW THROAT. Geddit? A saw throat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
As a result of which he had a Husqvarna voice.

You can keep the coat. I puked in the pocket.
Duke I just laughrd so hard I blew a giant snot bubble.

Sorry it's not the traditional drink on keyboard scenario