Man decapitated by chainsaw. Death not suspicious!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_STAB, Jul 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you cut your own head off with a chainsaw?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

A local tree surgeon here tried whilst up a tree, killed him but he didnt take it all the way!
  3. Poor handling leading to the chainsaw equivalent of an ND?

There was a chap who guillotined himself in his sleep a few years ago, so I imagine that someone with a reasonable degree of dexterity might be able to rig up some sort of stand to mount the chainsaw on to do the deed; or it might have been one of those smaller chainsaws you can get in garden centres which it would be possible to turn about and employ hupon yourself because of the relatively short chain. You'd need reasonably long arms to do that though.
  4. I hope Plod has a word with those who want to re-develop the flats.
    I smell Haddock.
  5. I would not expect a "complete transection of the neck" to be possible on your own without a lot of effort.

Most chainsaw head injurys are caused by kick back which as the name suggests the saw will kick backwards towards the user.

now dependant on how you are holding the saw depends where it is likely too:

1 strike the body.
    2 severity of injury.

Thus most chainsaws have a deadmans of some form or other...

But im sure the Plod are well are that its easier too get good clear up stats on a suicide!
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

7. I've heard about these 'last tenants' before. Apparently the most recent one accidentally brutally cut his head off whilst combing his hair, a most perplexing mystery! :plotting:
  8. Its a funny old world.
  9. A police officers wife topped herself in Preston the other year by using a hedge strimmer on the neck never took the head right off but think it was just the sinew holding it on
  10. So Sandman, what we're actually saying here is that, contrary to his mate's opinion, the Polish guy died like a woman? :twisted:
  11. I dare say if you wanted to commit suicide and use a chainsaw then lying flat on the ground and then letting go of the chainsaw whilst it was across your neck would decapitate you.

I doubt there's anything suspicious, it would stand out like a sore thumb in this situation due to the nature of the death.
  12. That's nothing. In 2005 a couple of hours prior to spilling the beans on who really stood behind the killing of journalist Gongadse Ukrainian general Kravchenko committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. Twice. :wink:
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I did here of a chap who managed to suffocate himself to death with a plastic bag whilst also hanging himself at the same time.

The police said that dirty, not foul play was suspected.
  14. A real man would use a junior hacksaw.
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Splatter pattern art, and another one for the SOCO "Had your breakfast have you?" album.