Man Convicted Over Menacing Airport Tweet

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lets hope the CPS don't come on Arrse, otherwise quite a few will be in the shit 8O

A trainee accountant who tweeted that he would like to blow an airport "sky high" has been found guilty of sending a menacing electronic communication.

Paul Chambers, 26, sent the tweet in the early hours of January 6.
    "Crap! Robin Hood Airport is closed. You've got a week and a bit to get your s*** together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!"
    Chambers claimed he sent the tweet to his 600 "followers" in a moment of frustration after the South Yorkshire airport was shut because of the bad weather.
    But a district judge at Doncaster Magistrates Court ruled that the tweet was "of a menacing nature in the context of the times in which we live".
    Chambers was ordered to pay a £385 fine, a £15 victims surcharge and £600 costs.
  2. I too am going to blow up that South Yorkshire airport! Oh crap....
  3. Yes, I had thought about ARRSE when I read this. Careful with those jokes about military coups and shooting politicians, lads.
    My mate's brother had the Secret Service round to see him in America after making a joke about topping Dubya on line.