Man Convicted Over Menacing Airport Tweet

Lets hope the CPS don't come on Arrse, otherwise quite a few will be in the shit 8O

A trainee accountant who tweeted that he would like to blow an airport "sky high" has been found guilty of sending a menacing electronic communication.

Paul Chambers, 26, sent the tweet in the early hours of January 6.
"Crap! Robin Hood Airport is closed. You've got a week and a bit to get your s*** together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!"
Chambers claimed he sent the tweet to his 600 "followers" in a moment of frustration after the South Yorkshire airport was shut because of the bad weather.
But a district judge at Doncaster Magistrates Court ruled that the tweet was "of a menacing nature in the context of the times in which we live".
Chambers was ordered to pay a £385 fine, a £15 victims surcharge and £600 costs.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...d_Over_Menacing_Tweet_Over_Robin_Hood_Airport

I too am going to blow up that South Yorkshire airport! Oh crap....

Yes, I had thought about ARRSE when I read this. Careful with those jokes about military coups and shooting politicians, lads.
My mate's brother had the Secret Service round to see him in America after making a joke about topping Dubya on line.

Latest Threads