Man claims hes pregnant

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_boy_syrup, Mar 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

A TRANSGENDER man has claimed to be pregnant with a baby girl, according to reports.

Thomas Beatie, who was born a woman, reportedly said the experience has so far been "incredible" and he is lucky to have such a supportive wife.

The Oregon resident, in a piece written for a US news website, said that he decided to keep his female reproductive organs when he became transgender but he had a chest reduction and underwent testosterone therapy.

When his wife Nancy had a hysterectomy due to severe endometriosis, the couple began to think about Mr Beatie carrying a child.

This meant he had to stop taking his testosterone injections but claims his body regulated itself after just a few months.

He said: "I stopped taking my bimonthly testosterone injections. It had been roughly eight years since I had my last menstrual cycle, so this wasn’t a decision that I took lightly.

"My body regulated itself after about four months, and I didn’t have to take any exogenous estrogen, progesterone, or fertility drugs to aid my pregnancy."

But a television station that has been investigating the story has questioned the validity of Mr Beatie's claims.

Discriminated

Mr Beatie's neighbour Ron Schlieper said: "Quite frankly, I think it's a hoax.

"I saw him a few days ago and he didn't look like that."

Mr Beatie claims this is his second pregnancy - the first was apparently an ectopic pregnancy with triplets.

"It was a life-threatening event that required surgical intervention, resulting in the loss of all embryos and my right fallopian tube," he said.

"When my brother found out about my loss, he said, 'It’s a good thing that happened. Who knows what kind of monster it would have been'.”

Mr Beatie said he and his wife had felt discriminated against because of the pregnancy.

"Doctors have discriminated against us, turning us away due to their religious beliefs," he said.

"Health care professionals have refused to call me by a male pronoun or recognise Nancy as my wife.

"Receptionists have laughed at us. Friends and family have been unsupportive - most of Nancy’s family doesn’t even know I’m transgender."

Mr Beatie told The Advocate that when the child is born he will be the father and his wife will be the mother.

2. What The Fcuk??????!!!!!!!! 8O Now i've heard everything!!! :lol: