Man Charged With Plotting To Attack US Forces In The UK

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33612092

For the second time of asking.

In summary a Luton man has been charged with plotting to attack US Forces in the UK and planning to run off with his younger uncle to join ISIL in Syria.

Nitroxpuppy

War Hero
Forget Iraq / Syria / Libya. Air strikes on Luton is the way forward.

@BarcelonaAnalPark replied the first time before it got hoofed, about the age disparity, which I was about to reply to when it disappeared. But experience has taught me to copy posts to the clipboard, so here it is:

Did anyone notice that this guy is reported to be older than his uncle?
I did, but then remembered that my mum is 6 years older than her aunt. Mum's gran had 18 kids, and her mother was the second oldest of them. Mum's other gran had 16, of which her dad was the youngest. The dates of birth span 56 years, from 1882 to 1938. Different times.

And no telly...

Asian families have a tendency to cover multiple generations of a similar age - think of the family tree without horizontal lines, more diagonal ones.

Aye, I get it @MostlyBollocks. I'm familiar with aunties/uncles being similar ages to nephew/nieces but it's unusual to see nephews older than their uncles.

How come the first thread got binned?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
@BarcelonaAnalPark The Man didn't appreciate my failing to read and understand the rules, and cutting and pasting the story, which is copyright.

Mod edit - fixed for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BarcelonaAnalPark replied the first time before it got hoofed, about the age disparity, which I was about to reply to when it disappeared. But experience has taught me to copy posts to the clipboard, so here it is:

I did, but then remembered that my mum is 6 years older than her aunt. Mum's gran had 18 kids, and her mother was the second oldest of them. Mum's other gran had 16, of which her dad was the youngest. The dates of birth span 56 years, from 1882 to 1938. Different times.

And no telly...

Asian families have a tendency to cover multiple generations of a similar age - think of the family tree without horizontal lines, more diagonal ones.
Asian family tree? I think they should be called Asian family telegraph poles.

Fair one, @Mr_Fingerz. Staff duties are next to Godliness, as they say.

Anyway, one of the questions that I asked on the previous thread was what RoEs the Yanks in the UK are bound by if they detect a threat against them?

Also, where does Luton fit in with old man Cameron's speech yesterday?

Latest Threads