Man buns next?

Round the Horn with Kenneth Horn, Hugh paddick, Betty Marsden & Kenneth Williams with Bill pertwee, Douglas smith and the Fraser Hayes 4. Broadcast from 1965-68.

Todays episode:- 8 inches of ....beards.

"Oh allo, Mr Orn, owe nice to vada your jolly old eek, my names Julian, and this is my friend sandy, we fly with bona airways, what you doing mincing about these parts?" " Well gentlemen, I've been told that beards are to be allowed in the Royal air Force, is this true?" " Well Mr Orn, sandy has been growing a big one for years haven't you san" " That's right Mr Orn its huge now almost 8 inches long," " they like it long don't they san" "That's right Mr Orn, them pilots like about 8 inches, don't they jools !" " That all very well but their must be a maximum length they will allow" " In'e bold, maximum length, well , we all like a bit of maximum length, I mean its part of the fun, innit san" "That's right Mr Orn, and them pilots do like about 8 inches,..... and their beards look good as well"

Composed in the style of the original scripts of the time,.... so you PC mongs.....back off!
(Correct at time of going to press 11th August 1966.)

Last edited:
To be honest I’m surprised it’s taken this long, I mean what statement more than a beard says, “Hey guys, I’m in the RAF, I’ve got a very tidy beard and I’m ghayer than Liberace’s poodle”.

RAF to allow beards to increase "inclusivity" and bring them in to line with the RN

Do I detect a whiff of sulphur?

Canucks introduced this for all 3 services last year.

As the antecedents of the RAF are as much Naval Service as Army (in fact in terms of mission roles the RAF owes much more to the RNAS than the numerically larger RFC), I guess it can be justified on historical precedence. Nah, this is all about trying to recruit f'ing mincing metrosexual millennials.

scarbrough

War Hero
Man buns are a sign of gayness, which is intrinsically disordered according to Church teaching. People might think they're fashionable, but the wearer won't look so good when they're roasting and wailing for salvation in the fires of Hell.

Man buns are also worn by twats.

How does this fit in with respirators, in their army ? ( Bad Pun)
It doesn't, but it seems inclusivity and recruitment appeal trumps the fact you're gonna die on an NBC battlefield (like we haven't fought on at any scale for a century).

Last edited:

Duke_of_Kaos

War Hero
In simple terms closing recruit offices manned by military personnel and handing it over to Capita has resulted in a massive fall in recruitment and these changes in standards. The MoD refuses to sack them and go back to the recruitment methods that worked.

Man buns are a sign of gayness, which is intrinsically disordered according to Church teaching. People might think they're fashionable, but the wearer won't look so good when they're roasting and wailing for salvation in the fires of Hell.

Man buns are also worn by twats.
You tell 'im 'e looks ghey then (sandals, socks, baggy pants and all).

Image result for seven samurai

Last edited:
In simple terms closing recruit offices manned by military personnel and handing it over to Capita has resulted in a massive fall in recruitment and these changes in standards. The MoD refuses to sack them and go back to the recruitment methods that worked.
MoD can't sack Capita, and recruitment wasn't working before we employed them, numbers were masked by 2 wars.

MoD can't sack Capita, and recruitment wasn't working before we employed them, numbers were masked by 2 wars.
Overseas expeditionary adventures: we don't go to 'war' anymore. The legal fees are extortionate!

We had a recruitment problem before Capita took over.

As the antecedents of the RAF are as much Naval Service as Army (in fact in terms of mission roles the RAF owes much more to the RNAS than the numerically larger RFC), I guess it can be justified on historical precedence. Nah, this is all about trying to recruit f'ing mincing metrosexual millennials.
Or someone has decided to get rid of a pointless rule.

I remember a note on part one orders that said no number 1 haircuts because it looks too aggressive.

I had just got there from months of depot training where they said we want more aggression while making us do lots of aggressive things.

Confusing.

Latest Threads