Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Man Bags...

Old_banger

Old Salt
Hello all, about to deploy back to the sandy place and am trying to decide which manbg to go for, must be able to hold a A4 folder, (comes with the job) a couple of smoke/L109 and at least 6 mags.

Any thoughts from and owners both good and bad please.

Cheers

Arktis are good quality. Different sizes are available so if for instance you wanted one which could take a laptop then your sorted there. Also Arktis now make selected items in desert DPM. This is on special request.

I've got a mate who makes these "man bags" to order using mil-spec materials and techniques (He's a serving Sapper and used one of his own recently in Afghan). He did the equipment repair course so he knows his way round a sewing machine :D

He's sold a couple of his on eBay and got good feed back. If anyone would be interested I'll drop him a line and see how he's doing for materials at the moment, I know he has to get most of the buckles etc from the USA.

Duty rumour at the moment is that DCIPT is looking at getting these in to be op issue kit. I have no idea of dates, scalings, specification etc.