Man arrested over 1985 murder of Pc Keith Blakelock

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by dangerousdave, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That makes him 15 years old at the time of killing the PC????? 8O :? 8O

"A 40-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering the police officer Keith Blakelock in north London 25 years ago.

Pc Blakelock was hacked to death in Tottenham in 1985.

A man, originally from Tottenham, was held on Friday and questioned at Bury St Edmunds police station. Police described the arrest as "significant".

The police officer was murdered during the Broadwater Farm Riots on 6 October 1985".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8506932.stm

2. Hold on, how old was Commander Dizaei at the time?

:eek:

3. and to think some people moan because it takes the police 5 hours to answer a report of their car being nicked ;)

4. And released on bail

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Hope they get their man. I'm no great fan of the police establishment but Keith Blakelock was hack at with Machetes no one deserves that.

6. I hope that this is a result for the Met. There's been disappointments in the past in bringing this animal(s) to justice. At best it will send a message to those who reckon they can murder then hide behind the mob and that time is of no consequence to those who pursue justice.

Lets hope that NULiarbor, don't decide to hold an amnesty for such butchers supposedly in the best interests of 'community spirit' and votes................. lots of votes. Wonder if Cherie or Michael Manston will be on the case for the defence?

7. Jokingly, I thought to myself it would be difficult for anybody to bring Labour into this story...

8. Never been a huge Plod fan but it would be good to see somebody face justice for this one.
    The murder of PC Blakelock was barbaric by anybodies standards.

9. My main issue with the death of PC Blakelock being murdered was why was not live ammunition used to quell the rioting savages?

10. Last time around on this Plod was found to have fitted up at least one suspect.Let's hope that they have learned from this,over the passage of so much time?

11. Maybe that is why it has taken so long.

Perhaps some 40 year old guy in Tottenham got arrested for a minor traffic offence about 3 months ago and had his DNA taken!

Doh!

It is happening all the time now.

12. 'Kin 'ell - the 'Old Bill' really stepping on the gas with this one!

13. Really? not even Gary Glitter? :police:

14. I was on some EO lecture when the dozy civvy bint giving it said the 1980's riots were all down to slavery.

Keith Blakelock was a former TA RMP if memory serves me right.

What a pity the Government didn't have a public inquiry into the botched investigation of his racist murderers. Maybe they would have identified the dreadful institutional racism of the rioters.

15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

hmm Gary Glitter big time nonce, nope not even him. A most savage and stone age way of killing someone and it does not surprise me that it is wide spread across Africa.