Man arrested - connected to murder of Capt Robert Nairac

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Yellow_Devil, May 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking news on Sky TV - a man has been arrested in South Armagh in connection with 1977 murder of "SAS" Captain Robert Nairac

2. Is this the officer whose body was never found?

*edited, because calling an officer a bloke is treason. Last time i mention to a mucker that the OC is 'a good bloke'*

3. There's hope that after all this time justice will be done. :)

If this man is guilty then I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

4. A little more on BBC

BBC clicky thingy

5. After reading what this brave man went through, I sometimes think it's a pity we don't practice the 'eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth' form of justice. :x

6. Show respect PLEASE "Bloke is not an appropriate term to use" Officer would be better or even soldier. And you are, Regretfully, still part of the Union so Treason still applies. :eek:

7. Apologies. :oops:

8. Brave young man. RIP, but get the buggas who did for him, including those living in USA -I wonder if their neighbours know that they were once terrorists!!??

9. Accepted in the truest sense all the best

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

But will there be a high profile trial followed by instant release because it come under the scope of 'The Good Friday Agreement'?

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

On the first point - if ther yanks can grab the Natwest 3, despite British Law and Habeas Corpus . . . .

On the second point, they are probably being looked after in the states by 'the boys', or doing gardening jobs for the Kennedies . . .

Personally, I don't hold much hope out of anything being done. This gobment will probably retrospectively release them under the Good Friday Agreement.

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I see we are a pair of old cynics Biped :wink:

13. I know someone with a meat grinder if you want to do some eye for eye justice. Also, call me pedantic, but shouldn't it be Capt Nairac G.C.?

14. Pardon my ignorance but why is 'bloke' so offensive, nay treasonous?

15. "SAS" Captain Robert Nairac :?

Not as i recall, although i'm sure others here know far more about it than myself.