MAN 6 Tonne SV Cab control lights are not working.?

It's becoming a pain because I can't see any of the controls when it is dark. When I turn the ignition on all the lights come on for a split second the immediately off again I've had to use the digital speedo to see how fast I'm going. It's like the inside lights are stuck on convoy mode.. sort of and the outside lights all work fine. Need an answer fast because we go out on exercise in a couple of days.

It's becoming a pain because I can't see any of the controls when it is dark. When I turn the ignition on all the lights come on for a split second the immediately off again I've had to use the digital speedo to see how fast I'm going. It's like the inside lights are stuck on convoy mode.. sort of and the outside lights all work fine. Need an answer fast because we go out on exercise in a couple of days.
Errrr. Report it Diffy and get REME to fix it.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It may even be something simple. I've got till Monday to get it sorted and everyone is out of work. I've only just been issued the vehicle and had to drive if from Cottesmore to Warminster today that's when I found the fault.

Bris

LE
It may even be something simple. I've got till Monday to get it sorted and everyone is out of work. I've only just been issued the vehicle and had to drive if from Cottesmore to Warminster today that's when I found the fault.
If you're not REME, you probably shouldn't muck about trying to 'fix' it.

Give it a firm thump, to see if it's loose wiring. If that doesn't work, use a head torch.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Clear to me that he has either got no REME to report it to, or he has, and has absolutely no confidence in them whatsoever.

well if nobody tells em, no wonder they never fix anything.

Report the vehicle and get it VOR. If if is not safe to drive it is not safe to drive.

Clear to me that he has either got no REME to report it to, or he has, and has absolutely no confidence in them whatsoever.

It is a Saturday and he has said nobody is around. Simply refuse to drive the vehicle.

Report the vehicle and get it VOR. If if is not safe to drive it is not safe to drive.

Fazakerley.

If you realized the safety catch on your rifle was shagged, would you a) use it anyway or b) follow the procedure to report it and get it fixed?

If the driver knows the wagon is unsafe and drives it anyway, that's when the bald bloke in the big red robe pops his head round the camnet.

Fazakerley.

If you realized the safety catch on your rifle was shagged, would you a) use it anyway or b) follow the procedure to report it and get it fixed?

If the driver knows the wagon is unsafe and drives it anyway, that's when the bald bloke in the big red robe pops his head round the camnet.

Sadly I encountered an idiot about to go on patrol on FIRIC with his Minimi safety catch held in with a bit of duct tape, I kindly gripped him and got him into my workshop before anyone grown up saw the damn thing. It is amazing what squaddies will do without even thinking of reporting it to be repaired.

Alternatively, all the OP has to do is info his CoC that the wagon is shagged with a fault that is apparent at night.

If I were said grown-up, I'd speak to the AQ/ASM/chief REME bod and expect to be told "OK, no probs, safe to drive during the day, deploy as-is and we'll fix it on ex". Or "No REME on the exercise, so it's VOR."

Not rocket science.

Is it green on JAMES? If so then no fault exists and it is perfectly safe to use. JAMES is the Allah we all bend over to, it exists to make our lives easier, it is user friendly, it is in no way overly complicated, it accurately reflects the state of your equipment.
In other words, if you don't want to drive it then go on JAMES and create a NT fault against the vehicle concerned, it would be a nice change if the user went onto the poxy thing and started using it as intended for once.......

Is it green on JAMES? If so then no fault exists and it is perfectly safe to use. JAMES is the Allah we all bend over to, it exists to make our lives easier, it is user friendly, it is in no way overly complicated, it accurately reflects the state of your equipment.
In other words, if you don't want to drive it then go on JAMES and create a NT fault against the vehicle concerned, it would be a nice change if the user went onto the poxy thing and started using it as intended for once.......
If your such a big fan of JAMES, why haven't you referred to its best feature? It's paperless!

If your such a big fan of JAMES, why haven't you referred to its best feature? It's paperless!

JAMES does not have a best feature, it has varying degrees of worse features. It's least worse feature comes into its own at midday every Friday when the spackering pile of wasted bandwidth gets knocked off early for the weekend....