Malware?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by PE4rocks, Aug 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Google Chrome lit up my screen thusly;

Danger Will Robinson...

[​IMG]

I have gone to NBC state Amber and fashioned a comely hat from some foil.

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've tried Google and AVG's online webpage test tools and both say it's OK, and I can't find that imagehost.epier.com image that is causing the warning. Maybe it was in someone's signature who has now changed it. Can you let me know if you still get the same warning?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/124812-selling-my-medals.html

3. I just got exactly the same on Chrome from that thread.

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Diagnostic:

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 2 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-08-19, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-19.
    Malicious software includes 9 backdoor(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including ustocn.com.cn/, hope2012.info/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS33650 (COMCAST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, imagehost.epier.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 1 site(s) including banyi.com.tw/.

Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Edit: That was the diagnostic for imagehost.epier.com.

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Found and deleted - should be OK now. Thanks for letting me know.

6. GCO, I have no problems with that thread. I'm using Firefox 3.6.8 as my browser and have active anti malware software running.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks. Should be OK as I deleted the image that was triggering Google's malware widget.